7 Layer Dip Recipe + #iloveavocados Twitter Party – Win $500 In Prizes
This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I was younger my mother used to dress her tacos with avocado guacamole every Taco Teusday. Cringing, I refused to try this vegetable (later learning it's actually a fruit) due to it's green color and smooth texture. It wasn't until years later after I had just ingested half a pan of 7 layer dip that I realized I loved avocados. Now I make guacamole, mix it with ranch to dip my deep fried pickles, and even eat it in salads but my 7 Layer Dip is a specialty. It's super easy to whip up too.
- 1 (16oz) Can Refried Beans
- 2 Peeled, Pitted and Diced Avocados
- 1/4 Cup your Favorite Salsa
- 1 1/2 Tbs lime juice – fresh is best
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 (8oz) Container Sour Cream
- 4 Diced Roma Tomatoes – these are less juicy, they're perfect
- 1 Bunch Finely Chopped Green Onions
- 1 (2.25oz) Can Black Olives – drained and finely chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican-Style Cheese Blend
- 1 (1oz) package taco seasoning mix
- Garlic salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocados. Then add in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Heat refried beans in the microwave until warm.
- Spread them on a 9×13 inch dish/serving platter.
- Spread on the Guacamole.
- Next spread the sour cream mixture.
- Top with Mexican Cheese. Then green onions, tomatoes and black olives.
All of February Avocados from Mexico is celebrating this tasty fruit. They even have a Share the Avocado Love Facebook app. I just sent my friend an Avocado Diamond – she can't say I didn't give her anything for Valentine's Day! You can also download ringtones, wallpapers, screensavers and blogger badges.
Lastly, on February 7th between 3:00 and 4:00pm EST there will be an #iloveavocados Twitter party with @guacgrl! Stop by for great prizes like gift cards and Café Press gift cards to buy I Love Avocados Gear. I got my daughter this adorable Avocado T-Shirt, in yellow. She loves mommies 7 layer dip! If you like it too, you can find it in the Avocados from Mexico Cafe Press store.
There will be over $500 in prizes awarded during the twitter party! Just follow @guacgrl or hashtag #iloveavocados so you won't miss your chance to win!