Adventure Travel Ireland
You all know how much I love to travel. I’ve flown and visited more places this year (over 70,000 miles so far!) than I have at any other point in my life. I’m LOVING it!
One of the places I am just dying to visit is Ireland. The beautiful coastline, the rich history and amazing opportunities for adventure have been calling my name for as long as I can remember. I’ve actually been saving up my travel reward points to plan a trip to Ireland for as close to free as possible. Yes, I said FREE. How you ask?
Well one of the perks of traveling, is being rewarded for loyalty with hotels and airlines. It seems like a no-brainer for me, but I’m always surprised by the number of people who “don’t bother”. WHAT!??! Why wouldn’t you want to earn points for something you are already doing? You can redeem those points for MORE TRAVEL or a multitude of other items (so make sure you sign up for those free travel programs and claim your travels!).
To give you an example of what you can redeem these points for, I’ve already come up with a “If I Had Unlimited HHonors Points” Wishlist for the Ultimate Trip to Ireland.
Step One – Pack and Look Good
- $100 Tiffany & Co. Gift Card (50,000 Points) - It never hurts to look good while traveling. Besides, nothing says I love you like a gift from Tiffany & Co. (hint hint).
- Tumi Vapor International Carry On (271,000 Points)
- Tumi Tegra-Lite Medium Trip Packing Case (417,500 Points)
- Guess Sunglasses (28,000 Points)
- Dooney & Bourke Florentine Medium Pocket Satchel (174,500 Points)
- Adidas Women’s ClimaProof Wind Jacket (29,500 Points)
- Custom Design Gown (2,197,500 Points) - Um, we did say ULTIMATE, right? Besides, you never know when I might run into a Prince and need a ball gown.
Step Two – Geek Out
I need to make sure I’m both connected and properly equipped on my trips. This means cell phone, tablet, laptop, at least 3 different types of cameras and my FitBit!
- Apple New iPad 4G LTE 32GB Verizon Tablet (509,500 Points)
- Apple iPhone 4S 16GB (463,000) - Hopefully they have the iPhone 5 available to redeem for soon!
- Power View Pro S Charge Dock (34,500 Points
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III Kit with 24-105mm IS Lens (2,535,500 Points) - DROOL!!! I currently shoot with the Canon 7D, but this is my dream kit!
- Samsung WiFi Digital Camera (119,000 Points) - Wi-Fi enabled to share on the go – a blogger’s dream!
- Sony Cyber-shot Waterproof Camera (203,500 Points) – Every great adventure camera needs to be waterproof. This one takes amazing pictures too + 3D!
- Easy Shot Clip Mini Video Camera (59,000 Points) – For when you needs hands-free!
- Apple MacBook PRO 15″ Notebook Computer (1,393,000 Points) – for blogging. duh.
Step Three – Get There & Stay There
- Exchange HHonors Points for Airline Miles
- Exchange HHonors Points for Free Nights (3,800 hotels and resorts worldwide!)
- 1-week vehicle rental from Alamo (70,000 points) - I usually like to walk or take local transportation on my travel adventures, but sometimes you just need a car.
Step Four – Explore & Experience
- Explore Northern Ireland’s Castles
- Solve the mystery of the 7 Beaghmore Bronze Age circles
- See some Gaelic Games
- Go Horse Racing for Two (35,000 Points)
- Drink and be merry at Kelly’s Cellars (since 1720) – the local’s favorite.
- Rally Driving Taster in Co. Armagh (68,000 Points)
- Have afternoon tea at Ashford Castle (built in 1228)
- 2-Seater Formula Racing Thrill (54,128 Points)
- Photograph Saint Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin
- Tandem Skydive in Londonderry (225,702 Points)
Step Five – Relive and Share with Friends
And of course when I get home, I’ll want to relive my adventures and share them with friends and family…
- Samsung 64″ 3D-Ready Plasma HDTV (2,047,000 Points)
So what do you think of my wishlist? Would YOU go on this trip with me?
This month Hilton HHonors is celebrating 25 years of member loyalty with its 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes from October 1 – 25. Every day, for 25 days, HHonors members can visit the 25 Days of Winning website for a chance to win exceptional prizes. You can also visit them on Facebook and Twitter.
In celebration of Hilton HHonors 25 years, they have graciously offered a free night certificate for one of my readers to win! It is good for one night at any of the 3,800 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio (est. value $250).
How to Enter the Giveaway
Leave a note in the comments section below letting me know what you think of my wishlist and what you would add or change if you had unlimited Hilton HHonors points!
Please use this easy PunchTab Giveaway form below to record your entries – good luck!!
*NOTE* You must be on the blog to see the entry form above. If you are reading this in a newsletter or RSS feed, then please click here to go directly to the post so you can enter to win!
Must be over 18 to enter. Open to US and Canada. No PO Boxes please.
Giveaway ends October 22, 2012 at 12:00am PST. Prizing provided by Hilton HHonors. Winner will be chosen and notified by email within 48 hours of giveaway close. Winner must respond to winning email notification within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen.
Hilton HHonors invited me to be a part of an HHonors Blogger Panel supporting the 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes, and I was compensated for my participation. All opinions and comments within my posts about the sweepstakes are my own.