The Ultimate Burger: Bacon Beer Bottle Burgers Recipe
What I love about this Bacon Beer Can Burger Recipe is that it is completely customizable. Love cheese? Add 3 different kinds. Want spicy? Add peppers or Sriracha. Why not fill it up with chili? WAIT. Fill it with french fries!
Bacon, bacon, bacon. Seems like everywhere I turn, people are coming up with new savory ways to use bacon. I always tend to gravitate towards the grill when I use bacon. There is just something about the smoky flavor it adds to anything you BBQ it with. I recently came across a viral video of the BBQ Pit Boys making a Bacon Beer Can Burger Recipe. It is so stinking over the top amazing, that I’m sure it has everyone trying their own version at home. And this, my friends – I did. Except we only buy bottled beer, so that’s what I used. Same difference in my book.
Pin this for later!
What I love about this burger is that it is completely customizable to peoples individual likes. Love cheese? Go ahead and add three different kinds. Want something spicier? Mix in some peppers and Sriracha. Love chili burgers? Fill it up with your favorite. I even thought of adding french fries in there! Go ahead, get crazy with it. I kept it a little low key this time around, but I’ll definitely be experimenting with the fillings each time I make it, as it’s already a hit with our family!
TIP: I like to use a nice, thick cut variety like Hormel BLACK LABEL® Bacon. They are the perfect length to go around fully, they don’t break when stretched and I didn’t have to use a toothpick to keep it on. Quick, easy and delicious!
Bacon Beer Bottle Burgers
2 lbs ground meat (feel free to use beef, turkey, chicken, whatever suits your fancy)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 package thick cut Bacon
few slices or cubes of your favorite cheese
- Mix together all ingredients except bacon and cheese. Form 4-6 balls depending on how big you want to make each patty.
- Many people make this recipe using a beer can. Since all we drink is beer out of the bottle, I substituted the can for a bottle and it turned out just fine! Apply baking/cooking spray to bottle/can before mashing for easier removal. Use your can/bottle and smash each ball, then use hands to form a cup around the sides.
- Wrap with bacon and twist back and forth to remove can/bottle leaving you with the perfect burger cup. Use 1 slice for smaller patties and 2 slices for deeper/bigger patties.
- Choose your favorite filling. Saute veggies and add in things like garlic or red wine for additional flavor. You can also try chili or just all cheese! Once you have filled in your cups, top with favorite cheese.
- The BBQ Pit Boys say to indirect grill at 300 degrees for 1 hour. As everyone’s grills tend to be temperamental, I found this to be too long. On *my* grill I would say 30 mins indirect and an additional 5-10 minutes direct to get some nice crispness on the bacon. I recommend checking for desired doneness after 30 minutes and adjust as necessary for your own grill. You could also bake these in an oven on a grill pan.