I’m sure everyone has at least one box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in your home, most likely in your refrigerator. We keep several in our pantry, since it has so many other uses including keeping odors out of the fridge I love finding alternate uses for baking soda because its affordable and less harsh than using chemicals.
Here are ten different health and beauty uses for baking soda:
- Remove hair product buildup by mixing backing soda with your favorite shampoo. Work into hair and rinse!
- Remove hair spray and oil buildup on your combs and brushes by soaking them in a bowl of warm water with 3 tablespoons baking soda and 3 tablespoons bleach.
- No time to shampoo your hair, just use baking soda, apply to oily areas like the crowd of your head, brush and fluff with a hairdryer.
- For an at home exfoliating pedicure just add 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to warm water, sink in and relax.
- Mix Arm &Hammer Baking Soda and water together to create a mixture for an exfoliating facial and body scrub.
- Relieve pain from a sunburn by soaking a washcloth in 1 quart of water with 4 tablespoons baking soda then apply to affected area.
- Use baking soda on your nail brush to scrub your nails and cuticles, it softens cuticles and removes fungus.
- Brush or rinse your teeth with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda for a pearly white grin.
- Mix water and baking soda to create a paste to treat insect bites (I use this for those pesky mosquito bites)
- Soaking in a bath with baking soda relieves dry, itchy skin (also great for diaper rash)
- Shine to your jewelry with Arm &Hammer Baking Soda, use a toothbrush to make it shine and sparkle.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, counter-tops, bath tubs, and toilets. Its great for cleaning chrome fixtures!
- When cooking mashed potatoes, add a pinch of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda while mashing to make them fluffier.
- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a safe and easy way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables, soak in baking soda and water then rinse.
- Clean your silver with Arm& Hammer Baking Soda, water, and a clean cloth.
- To unclog your drain pour ½ cup baking soda, followed by a ½ cup vinegar, down the clogged drain. Cover with a wet cloth for approximately 5 minutes, uncover, and flush with steaming-hot water.
- Does your microwave look like something exploded in there? Mix a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in water in a microwave safe container. Place inside microwave and bring to a boil. Wait a few minutes, then you should be able to wipe out any baked on stains with ease.
- Sprinkle baking soda on rugs and carpets before vacuuming, its great for odor control, especially if you have pets.
- Clean the dishwasher by running an empty cycle with baking soda.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your laundry (with your regular liquid detergent) to get clothes cleaner and brighter.
I wrote this review while participating in an Blog Tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Arm & Hammer and received product samples to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for participating.