Chocolate Candy Cane Smoothie Recipe + Movies for Holiday Travel
I know I complain often about the amount of travel we have to do around the holidays but to be honest it’s worth every minute spent in the car. To me, being with family is the most important thing during the holidays. But that doesn’t mean we don’t try to make the experience a little bit easier on ourselves. The iPad has become our best friend during travel. The problem is that when we purchased the iPad I didn’t fully understand all the ways it would be used and only purchased the 32 gig. It holds a few 30 minute episodes and a movie or two. The problem is that when were frequently traveling these movies and shows become old hat to 3 year old.
Which is why I love that we now have Netflix. Best of all they created this list of Netflix Titles to Take on the Road This Holiday Season:
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas
- Super WHY: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular
- Dreamworks Holiday Classics
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales
- I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
- Thomas & Friends: Ultimate Christmas
- Kung Fu Panda: Holiday
- Phineas and Ferb: Christmas Vacation
- Veggie Tales: A Story of Joyful Giving
Notice how the list has movies to cover short and long road trips? Love it. Also, Alejandra at Always Order Dessert teamed up with Netflix to create this really fun Smoothie to take along on car rides.
- 8 large medjool dates, pits and stems removed
- 1 1/2c milk
- 2/3c Greek yogurt
- 5TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4tsp Honey (+ more if desired)
- 1/4tsp Peppermint Extract
- Add dates to 1 cup of warm water and allow it to set 5minutes.
- Puree together milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, honey, and 1/4tsp peppermint extract in a blender until completely smooth.
- Strain the soaked dates.
- Add to the mixture and blend 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust peppermint extract and/or honey as desired.