This weekend I will head to LA to not only hang with some of the coolest ladies and men in the blogging world, but I will be going for an awesome opportunity! You see, this little chick was asked to be part of a group of 24 bloggers to attend the premiere of Disney/Pixar’s BRAVE! And is if that isn’t enough to be excited about, we also will be screening DreamWorks Pictures’ People Like Us and select footage from Tim Burton’s upcoming latest film, Frankenweenie!
Oh, wait, there is STILL more!!! We are also going to Disneyland! This Florida girl has been to Disney World so many times, so this is a HUGE treat! And while we are there, we get to tour Disney California Adventure and Cars Land along with a fun day at Disneyland! How much fun is that???
So here’s the run down of the schedule -
- Sunday we check-in to the beautiful and brand new Hilton Garden Inn located in the center of Hollywood! That evening we get to attend a screening of Disney/Pixar’s BRAVE and receive a sneak peak of Tim Burton’s FRANKENWEENIE.
- Monday we head over to Amblin Entertainment (co-founded by Steven Spielberg *giggle) where will attend a screening of DreamWorks Pictures’ PEOPLE LIKE US with a Q&A from Director Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek, Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen, Cowboys and Aliens). Being that this movie is inspired by true events, for director/writer Alex Kurtzman grew up knowing his father had been married before and had two children. He never met his half-siblings, but later in life he met his half-sister at a party. This just makes the anticipations of seeing the film that much greater for me. Hmmm…I feel a question or two coming on….
- From there we head over to the BRAVE press day where we will do roundtable interviews with Kelly Macdonald (voice of “Merida”), Kevin McKidd (voice of “Lord MacGuffin”), Director Mark Andrews and Producer Katherine Sarafian. Then we have a few hours for me to go from Florida small town girl to Hollywood glam for later than evening is when we will attend the World Premiere of BRAVE at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood! Yes, this is where the Academy Awards are held. I get to play out a childhood fantasy as I walk down the red carpet and blow kisses…of course no one knows who I am, but who cares. I will pretend! ;) Seriously, I am so stoked! This wasn’t even a bucket list item for me. For who would’ve thunk it…but I cheated and added it….just to cross it off!
- Tuesday (and Wednesday)- I will wake up to strong coffee and wear my big ole dark sunglasses in true Hollywood style as we venture over to Disneyland in Anaheim. We are so lucky to be staying in the newly renovated Disneyland Hotel. As I mentioned above we will be visiting Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park to experience some fun in Cars Land.
Here are some highlights of our Disneyland adventure:
- Visit Cars Land, 12 acres of fun with new three attractions, at Disney California Adventure park
- See how closely Radiator Springs in 3-D compares to Radiators Springs from the film
- Interview with an Imagineer who helped create Cars Land; find out how they brought a movie to life
- Experience Mad T Party – down the rabbit hole for nighttime fun and music themed to the Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland”
- Ride The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, one of the attractions added in the expansion of Disney California Adventure park
- Stay at the Disneyland Hotel, recently renovated with beautiful rooms and nostalgic touches such as monorails slides in the water play area
- Take photos with the newest Disney character, Merida, at Disneyland park
- Enjoy plenty of free time to ride our favorite rides at both parks!
This event is made possible by Disney Pixar. Thank you!