Remember a few days ago when I showed you all the reasons why I’ve been using MyPoints for over a decade? Here is another one – I can pick up all of my Halloween essentials for an awesome party by shopping through MyPoints. Not only will I pick up points as I shop, I can use my redeemed points for gift cards or cash to purchase the supplies. But I know, you’re just here for the great party tips, so without further ado.
Halloween Essentials For The Perfect Party
Requesting that your guests wear costumes is one of the best ways to enhance the party. Not only does it help set the tone, but they’re instant conversation starters and a great way to tear down guest defenses. It’s much easier to bond with a stranger when you can laugh over your hilarious costumes and it also sets a festive mood. If you’re having a family friendly party, these are some really cute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids that will be sure to start up at least one conversation!
It’s Halloween! What would it be without candy? You can save on candy by printing off coupons for top brands at Coupons.com, but make sure you go through your MyPoints account first so you can collect points too. Tip: Instead of placing the candy in one large dish disperse small dishes of candy throughout the house.
If the libations are flowing make sure to serve more substantial Halloween treats – like our Bacon Wrapped Sausage Mummies.
Think about the theme of your party. If you’re just getting together to have a great time with friends ,your decor can range from the cutesy to the spooky, or even a little bit of both. You can try some of these DIY Halloween Decoration ideas, or many MyPoints partners like Walmart, Home Depot, Meijer and Personal Creations offer a huge variety of Halloween Decor. If you’re hosting an ever popular Murder Mystery party decorate to suit the era or theme of the mystery.
Make it Festive
- Instead of just serving ‘punch’ why not get creative with a label maker and call it “Witches Brew.”
- Cover the tables. Even if you don’t have a lot to spend on decor just some simple table coverings will make a huge difference.
- Don’t break character. This one is a bit challenging but it’s super fun if you can find ways to stay true to whoever your dressed up as throughout the night.
- Set the scene with candles, spooky music, carved jack o lanterns. Keep the lighting low to give it an eerie feel.
- Use disposable. Sure the fancy dishes look cute, and it won’t hurt to use a few but remember you’re going to be cleaning up the whole next day. Make it easy on your self and use eco-friendly disposable items.
- Don’t forget the camera!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MyPoints. The opinions and text are all mine.