Interview With The Croods Filmmakers
On a recent press trip provided by 20th Century Fox and DreamWorks Animation, I had the pleasure of participating in an interview with The Croods filmmakers. Kristine Belson and Jane Hartwell, the producers of the film, fielded questions from our group of bloggers along with Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders the Directors. The interviews with the filmmakers always provides an insight to me that I otherwise never would have known. Here are a few of the fun facts I learned about the making of The Croods.
Fun Facts From The Interview With The Croods Fimmakers
- The directors were introduced to The Croods nine years ago! That is a really long time to work an a movie only over an hour long. That is incredible dedication (and job security!)
- The Croods was originally going to be a stop animation movie. Instead it evolved into the 3D CG animation wonder that will be in a theater near you soon!
- A lot of thought went into the decision to creating a new age. The film makers deliberated over whether or not the characters would speak English, would slang be included, and would they be historically correct. The final decisions were decided on the basis of how the story could be best expressed. Thus The Croodaceous Age, which follows the Jurrassic age, was born.
- Guy’s name was originally going to be Women (the English name) until they decided on the British version you see in the film, Guy.
- The credits of the film were drawn by Steve MacLeod the story board artist. This is really unique because you never see a story artist drawing in a CG film and probably will not see one “for the rest of eternity. They usually get lost.”- Kirk DeMicco
Want to learn more about The Croods?
You can visit the official website, like The Croods on Facebook, follow @DWAnimation on Twitter and more specifially the hashtag #TheCroods. But wait! You can also re-pin great DIY tutorials, printables & more from The Croods on Pinterest as well.
THE CROODS is a 3D comedy adventure starring the voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Catherine Keener, Clark Duke and Cloris Leachman. This DreamWorks Animation film follows the world’s first modern family as they embark on a journey of a lifetime after the only home they’ve ever known is destroyed. Traveling across a spectacular landscape, The Croods are rocked by generational clashes and seismic shifts as they discover an incredible new world filled with fantastic creatures. Wouldn’t you imagine that their outlook on life is changed forever. The Croods hits theaters March 22, 2013.
Go ahead and take a peek at The Croods trailer below. This is one of my favorite parts of the movie – story time!
I was invited on a press trip provided by 20th Century Fox and DreamWorks Animation. My travel expenses were covered. All opinions are original.