I’ve been living with lactose intolerance off and on for over 20 years. But it wasn’t until it reared it’s ugly head again following my first pregnancy that I decided to take action. I thought making the necessary dietary changes to live with Lactose Intolerance would be a life changer. It turns out it wasn’t. With the help of Lactaid products such as Milk, Cottage Cheese, Ice Cream and more I can eat pretty much anything. I just swap out the “regular” version of these products with the Lactaid brand. That’s it. It taste exactly the same. Not even my lactose tolerant family members can tell that I put Lactaid in my famous pudding parfaits. Although they definitely noticed the new 4th of July theme.
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Lactaid Milk (according to directions on Pudding)
- 1 Package Graham Crackers (any)
- Food Coloring
- Create Instant Pudding according to instructions on the box EXCEPT swap out milk for equal parts Lactaid.
- When pudding is ready to “set” separate equally into three containers.
- Using food coloring dye one red, one blue and leave the third untouched.
- Allow to set according to directions on box.
- While pudding is setting remove one package of graham crackers.
- Put them in a 1 gallon ziploc bag and seal.
- Crush with a rolling pin until the consistency of sand.
- Divide the pudding and graham crackers into sundae cups layering first pudding then graham cracker in the order of “red, white and blue.”
- Serve immediately.
I love that I can swap out milk for Lactaid milk without a complicated conversion. It exchanges out equally in any recipe wether it’s gravy and biscuits or pudding parfaits. Even though I can substitute in any recipe I still find that I’m sometimes making the same things over and over again. So I love to check out celebrity chefs to see what they’re making. I love that chef Melissa d’Arabian also uses Lactaid products to create meals for her lactose intolerant family. She was recently on the Today Show to talk about cooking lactose-free dinner options with LACTAID. Her chicken with lactose-free creamy mushroom sauce had my mouth watering, adding bacon to it didn’t hurt matters either! It looked so good I had to add it to next weeks dinner menu. You can also find more inspiration on the Lactaid website under recipes!