Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe: Easy & Fast Mini Cake in a Mug!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe: Mini Cake in an Espresso Mug
Being fall with Halloween and Thanksgiving right around the corner, I’ve had pumpkins on the brain. I’ve been meaning to try a microwave-cake-in-a-mug recipe for some time now and I finally did it.
With a little bit of research and good old fashioned love, I came up with this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cake (adapted from Kirbie Cravings). It’s quick, easy and perfect for last minute entertaining! This recipe is also the perfect amount to use all 6 of the World Market Espresso Mini Mugs. Enjoy.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 7 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (or 1 single serve packet) instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a plastic bowl and mix together with a fork or immersion blender.
- Fill each of the 6 World Market Mini Espresso Mugs about 2/3 full. (do not overfill as it will overflow in the microwave!)
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. DO NOT overcook or it will come out rubbery.
- If you want to top with frosting or whipped cream allow to cool first or else it will melt :(
- If you do not have this set - you can use any mug you have in your cupboard. Just fill 2/3 full and cook at 30 sec intervals until done. A reg size coffee mug takes about 1/5-2 minutes.