If you’re a fan of Korean cuisine or are just giving your taste buds a whirl for the first time, a great dish to try is Bulgolgi. It is a classic Korean BBQ staple and a favorite of everyone I have ever served it to – including my 2 year old son. He specifically asks for this and rice on a daily basis!
Over the years I’ve developed my own recipe that suits my taste buds (below). For those of you that like the quick and easy road with less ingredients, I suggest using 1 cup Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce, Original from CJ Foods instead of the soy sauce thru cola ingredients below :) This great tasting shortcut reduces your prep time to just 5 minutes.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
- ½ tsp onion juice
- 1 tbsp sake or soju
- 1 tbsp coca cola
- 1 lb. round rib eye, very thinly sliced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ carrot, julienned
- 1 solid slice yellow onion, halved
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 stalk green onion, minced
- Roasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix ingredients from soy sauce thru coca cola to make marinade.
- Add to large re-sealable bag with beef, mushrooms, carrots, and yellow onion.
- Seal and shake to mix the sauce well with the beef and vegetables.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat sesame oil on high heat.
- Place beef and vegetables on the pan and stir-fry for 15 to 20 minutes, or to desired doneness. (I like mine to caramelize)
- Sprinkle green onions and roasted sesame seeds on top before serving.
Thanks CJ Foods for providing a sample of Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce.