This post brought to you by Chloraseptic®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Surf and Sunshine.
For all of the merriment that holidays bring the combination of stress, being packed in close quarters, the germy nature of air travel, lack of exercise can mean it’s also a prime time to be attacked by a cold. Of course, it couldn’t be a worse time to feel under the weather. To avoid being the red nose reindeer in your family photos it’s important to take a few steps to remain healthy during the hectic holidays.
Tips To Stay Healthy During Holiday Travel
- Get plenty of rest. This one can be laughable during the hectic times of the holidays but try to get at least six hours a night and take rest during flights of in the passenger’s seat. A long winter’s nap never hurt anyone either.
- Pack an anti-bacterial. The backseat pocket and the tray table can be two of the germiest places on a plan. A quick once over with antibacterial wipes can greatly reduce a number of germs. Hand sanitizer also works well to combat germy places like public doors, light switches and restaurant menus.
- Stay aware of what’s “going around” with the Cold & Flu Tracker to check outbreaks and symptoms in your area.
- Find ways to deal with stress. As much as we love our family, all of this “togetherness” (and sharing your childhood room with your sister again) can be a point of stress. Take some time for yourself each day. A long shower to unwind or a few minutes with a good book.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. During the holidays we typically plan our days around the big meals we share with family and then we tend to over indulge. Instead, make sure to eat a healthy and filling breakfast. You will be less likely to over eat and y keep your sugar levels from plummeting.
Sometimes, even with the best of care it’s possible to catch a cold during the holidays. Keep your travel bag stocked with a few essentials to help provide some relief so you can power through the season. Chloraseptic® is the No. 1 pharmacist-recommended sore throat relief brand* for the whole family. Plus, their Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges are TSA friendly. They have this awesome liquid center to cute that itchy, scratchy sore throat.
–*Lozenges Tied for #1
You can also try the Chloraseptic® Sore Throat spray for fast relief on contact or the Total product cools the nasal passages as well. For more info, check Chloraseptic® Facebook and grab a $1 Chloraseptic® Coupon.