Creamy and Spicy goodness of a classic holiday or cold weather hot cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- hot water
- your favorite spiced rum
- Start by setting out the ice cream to thaw. When it gets to the consistency of whipped cream, it’s ready.
- Mix together the butter (MUST BE VERY SOFT), maple syrup and brown sugar in a large bowl or freezable container with an electric mixer/whisk. (I used a hand mixer) You want it to be mixed well and get nice and “fluffy”.
- Add spices and ice cream and mix about 5 minutes.
- This is your batter and it keeps great in the freezer!
- To make your Hot Buttered Rum, add a scoop of your batter to your mug. Scoop size will depend on taste and size of mug, but I use about 2 tablespoons for a large cappuccino sized mug. Add desired amount of your favorite spiced rum (1-2 ozs) and a dash of salt. Yes, salt. It will bring out the flavor! Fill rest of the way with very hot water (or if you like it creamy, milk!) and stir thoroughly. You want the batter to be completed melted and it should be a hot creamy drink. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins