Why hello perfect red white and blue Fourth of July or Memorial Day Dessert Recipe! Mini Mixed Berry Cobblers w Salted Caramel Pretzel Frozen Custard. Yumm!!
- 4 cups fresh mixed berries (I used raspberries, strawberries (halved), blueberries and cherries)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 package ready-made pie crust (2 count)
- Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Salted Caramel Pretzel Frozen Custard
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix sugar, butter and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour over mixed berries and gently toss to coat.
- Unroll a sheet of ready-made pie crust, fold in half and press together. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out stars. For thicker stars, knead together dough and re-roll to desired thickness. (I used just slightly thinner than 1/2 inch thick for the large stars pictured)
- Place 6 lightly greased miniature cast-iron skillets on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon berry mixture into skillets, dividing evenly amongst them, filling about 3/4 full. Careful not to overfill as they will overflow while baking!
- Place dough stars over berry mixture. Use 2-3 smaller stars or 1 large star slightly off center in each skillet. NOTE: If you opted for thicker stars, I recommend baking them on their own sheet at same time as berries to ensure thorough doneness.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fruit bubbles and crust is golden brown.
- Cool at 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Place a small scoop of Dreyer’s/EDY’S® Salted Caramel Pretzel Frozen Custard onto each skillet and garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
*If you want to add a little something extra, try making these yummy Candied Lemon Curls for garnish!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American