Healthy food choices is best taught when you lead by example. Try our Mommy and Me Quinoa Bowl Recipe to get even your youngest or pickiest eater to try this healthy grain.
- 4 cups of washed mixed greens for sautéing (I used baby kale, spinach and baby bok choy)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (I make ours with bone broth for an extra boost of goodness)
- ½ a ripe avocado
- fresh blueberries
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- dash of Himalayan salt and fresh pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and then add the greens, cut the bok choy in half the long way. Add the salt and pepper and then sauté until just cooked.
- Add about 2.5 cups of quinoa to an adult bowl and a half cup to a childs bowl (adjust amounts as needed for age).
- Slice the avocado in a fan and place in one section in both bowls.
- Place the greens on top with the bok choy cut side up.
- Sprinkle the blueberries and tomato slices in the remaining open spaces.
Enjoy right away or cover, toss in the fridge and serve chilled for a meal later that same day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Healthy, Kid Food