Forget the beer batter, try this margarita battered shrimp tacos recipe instead! Served with garlic cilantro lime slaw.
For Margarita Batter
1 cup dry biscuit mix
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
1/2 cup Cayman Jack Margarita
For Shrimp Tacos
1 lb uncooked shrimp, large 16-20ct
1/2 cup flour
8 tortillas, taco size – corn or flour
1 avocado, ripe
2–3 tbsp favorite salsa or pico de gallo
Feta cheese, crumbled
cilantro, fresh chopped
1 lime, quartered
oil for frying
1. If you like cabbage slaw, I highly recommend making Pinch of Yum’s Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce mixed with diced cabbage. If you’re feeling lazy, you can use pre-made store bought slaw.
2. Completely peel and devein shrimp. Store in fridge until ready for use.
3. Combine all batter ingredients in medium bowl and mix thoroughly with fork or whisk.
4. Mash avocado into a small bowl and mix in salsa/pico. Set aside.
5. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in skillet over medium heat. Begin warming tortillas using your preferred method.
6. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Working in small batches, coat both sides of shrimp in flour and then dredge in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Place shrimp gently in oil and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. DO NOT overcrowd and allow battered shrimp to touch when frying – they will stick together. Place on paper towel covered plate to absorb excess oil.
7. To assemble taco, spread 1 tbsp avocado mixture on tortilla and top with single row of shrimp. Top with slaw, feta, cilantro and serve with lime. Drizzle sriracha on top for added spice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15