- ¼ cup arils from 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate or POM POMS fresh pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice from 2–3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates*, or 1 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 3 tangerines
- cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 4–5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Fennel ferns
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water.
- Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs).
- The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top.
- Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl.
- Reserve cup of the arils from fruit and set aside.
- (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Peel and section tangerines.
- Place tangerines in a bowl with 1 cup pomegranate juice and sugar if desired.
- Allow to marinate 30 to 45 minutes.
- Drain tangerines; reserve ⅓ cup of the marinade for vinaigrette.
- Mix ⅓ cup reserved pomegranate marinade with the other vinaigrette ingredients and shake together in a tightly covered container.
- Divide spinach, fennel and red onion on 4 salad plates.
- Divide tangerine slices on salad and dress with 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette per serving.
- Garnish with fennel ferns.
* For 1 cup of juice, cut 2 to 3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins