- 1 TBS plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16oz)package vegan gnocchi (make your own w/ The Healthy Voyager’s Global Kitchen Cookbook recipe)
- 1 md yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2c water
- 6c chopped kale or spinach leaves
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2–1 tsp Italian Seasoning spice mix, more if needed for taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2c shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Heat 1 TBS oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add gnocchi. Cook 5-7min until golden brown. Stir often.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- With 1tsp oil saute onions, over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir frequently
- Stir in garlic and water. Cover.
- Cook 4 to 6 min until the onion is soft.
- Add kale (or spinach). Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stir often, until it’s soft.
- Mix in tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper and seasonings. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover. Cook about 3 min until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.