Our favorite healthy Easter brunch recipes are so easy to make and delicious that you’ll want to make them every morning!
Can you believe it’s already Easter?!?! This year has flown by and if you’re anything like me, Easter has managed to sneak up on you once again. In the spirit of keeping my weekend as stress free as possible, I came up with these 5 simple and relatively healthy Easter Brunch recipes.
Good Morning Sunshine! Breakfast in Bread
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Italian 6 Cheese Blend, shredded
- 4 strips Prosciutto, cut into 2″ x 5″ lengths
- 1 bunch baby Asparagus
- 4 medium or large Eggs
- 4 tbsp Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Lightly flour a large cutting mat/board and unroll the puff pastry and cut out 5″ diameter circles using a large cookie cutter or a bowl. You can fit 4 on one sheet if you lightly roll the sheet with a rolling pin (or wine bottle!).
Using a butter knife, gently make a 1/2 inch border near the edge of each circle, being careful NOT to cut through. (Your eggs will leak if you do!) The easiest way I’ve found to do this is to hold the knife in your right hand and hold in place while you use your left hand to rotate the mat/board in a circle. Poke the inside of each circle a few times with a fork, also taking care not to go all the way through. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Cut and make small asparagus bundles approximately 1″ in diameter and 4-5″ long. Tightly wrap each bundle with a strip of prosciutto. Toast bundles in toaster oven for about 7-8 minutes, or until prosciutto starts to bubble and asparagus is slightly darkened.
Remove pastry circles from refrigerator and gently transfer to baking sheet using spatula. Add cheese to the inside portion of each circle and bake for 8 minutes to allow borders to rise.
Remove baking sheet from oven and push down the centers of each circle firmly, paying special attention to the crust line. This forms the cavity that will hold your egg so pushing down the edges helps prevent spillage over the crust.
Break eggs, one at a time, into a small square shaped bowl. (The corners helps pour easily) Use a spoon to gently place the yolk into one circle and gently pour remaining egg white. NOTE: To avoid overflow, use medium size eggs or simply reserve some of the egg white. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to over for 2-3 minutes, just until whites begin to turn white
Remove baking sheet from oven and gently place prosciutto/asparagus bundles next to yolk. Add 1 tbsp crumbled feta to each and return to oven for 3-5 minutes. Use less time for over easy and more for over hard yolks.
Remove from oven and garnish with finely chopped chives (optional). Serve warm.
Cottage Cheese and Mango Breakfast Tacos
- 1 cup Mango Salsa, prepared
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese, low fat, small curd
- Flour Tortillas, large
- Jalapeños, optional
- Use a large 4″ round cookie cutter to make mini flour tortillas from your favorite large burrito size tortillas.
- Spread 1 tbsp cottage cheese onto mini tortilla and top with 1 tbsp mango salsa.
- Serve chilled. Add a slice of jalapeño for an extra kick!
Glazed Carrots and Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, chopped
- 1 package Baby Carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash, carrots, sugar and olive oil in bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on foil lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
Mint and Honey Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Grapefruit, chopped
- 1 cup Orange, chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Mint, fresh, chopped
- Mix all ingredients and serve cold. Garnish with mint.
Vanilla Fruit Parfait Recipe
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Fruit and berries of choice – Strawberries, Blueberries and Mango
- Almond Slivers
- Place strawberries on bottom of small mason jar or cup.
- Carefully spoon in vanilla greek yogurt until 3/4 full.
- Layer cut mango and top with blueberries.
- Sprinkle almond slivers and serve.