They say youth is wasted on the young and the older I get, the more I tend to agree. My adolescent years were spent in primary school. My twenties whittled away by further academic education, making decisions I would probably deem unwise today, and the occasional travel adventure. But my 30s? My 30s were the stuff life’s meant to be made of. They were filled with moments so wild and crazy just thinking about them makes me blush and other so sincere it brings tears to my eyes, like welcoming my son into the world and marrying my husband. Volunteering for causes near and dear to my heart also tops that list and my 30s were filled with more adventure than I could ever know as I traveled to 21 countries.
As incredible as it all has been, as I approached the dreaded 40, the physical and mental exhaustion were definitely starting to show, especially on my face. As I sit watching my 6 year old tear around the house with our cat, I can’t help but think about the things I would do if I had some of that youthful energy back.
10 Things I would do if I had my old youthful energy back
- Backpack through Italy. Earlier this year I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in Italy and to put it simply, it wasn’t enough. The photography opportunities, the art, the architecture, the people, the food – it left me craving more!
- Head to the mountains for some family skiing more than just once a year.
- Plan more whitewater rafting trips.
- Get my advanced open water SCUBA diving certificate.
- Take advantage of all these amazing hiking trails near my house.
- Welcome my husband home from work with an indoor “snowball” ambush from my son and I. Rolled up socks make the perfect snowballs and couch cushions make great fortress walls.
- Treat my body the way I should have in my 20s and actually go to the gym regularly.
- Unpack the 2 year old moving boxes that are cluttering up my never before used office.
- One of my favorite parts of traveling is picking up new recipes along the way. I would love to create my own “around the world” cook book!
- Become a superhero mom. I could be one of those elusive moms who manage to do it all and still find time to clean the house, comb their hair and put on makeup. Scientists would be studying me for ages.
While I’ve been seeing the effects age have had the on the outside of my body, we’re all “wrinkling and aging” on the inside too. Did you know that our mitochondria, the parts of our cells responsible for creating 90-95% of our energy, reduce in function around 10% every decade? By the time I reached my 40s, that’s a 40% reduction! Yikes! This means your cells don’t get the energy they need as we age to power our organs at optimal levels. This lack of vital cellular energy is manifested in fatigue and poor health and in our skin, with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, lack of elasticity, dark spots and dull skin tone. Ah-ha! I knew my crazy thirties couldn’t be entirely to blame for sorry state I’m in.
In my quest to reclaim a bit of my youth in both appearance and energy, I’ve spent the last month experimenting with MitoQ products. MitoQ is a revolutionary new form of CoQ10 that targets mitochondria, aka your cellular batteries. The MitoQ capsules boost organ function at a cellular level in an effort to boost energy, health and vitality. If we can correct this lack of cellular energy and get our mitochondria working well, then our cells are recharged; they will start acting and looking like they did when we were younger. To me this just makes sense. By getting healthy on the inside, I see the effects on the outside. It’s a win-win, right?
The makers of MitoQ claim that your skin becomes smoother, lighter and brighter, your body will function better and you will feel stronger and healthier, for longer. After just about 4 weeks of consistent use of the MitoQ Dietary Supplement, I can attest to the fact that I definitely have more energy during the day now. I used to be addicted to coffee, inhaling 3-4 cups a day easily. After about a week of taking the supplements I discovered that I just didn’t feel the need to have that morning cup of coffee! It wasn’t even a conscious decision. It just sort of happened. That’s really a bonus for me since I was getting concerned with the yellowing of my teeth.
I’ve also been using the MitoQ Skincare serum daily, every morning. I love the way it smells and how it absorbs easily into my skin. I’m able to use my daily skin primer on top of it with no blending issues. While I wouldn’t say there has been a dramatic difference in my skin, I will say that I’ve felt more comfortable with less makeup, if that makes sense? I definitely feel like my face is lighter and brighter. So much so, that while I used to wear a tinted moisturizer with a little face powder on top, now I just go with a non-tinted primer and that’s it!
MitoQ is scientifically proven to be 847 times more effective than CoQ10! It’s backed by over $50million in research and has over 200 papers published investigating its effect. The science, research and feedback from users shows that MitoQ is a breakthrough that may make a real difference in the anti-aging and health space. In the summer of 2013, MitoQ was independently tested on real people by the London Dermatology Clinic. In just 8 weeks the MitoQ results spoke for themselves!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MitoQ. The opinions and text are all mine.