I don’t know about you, but the most comforting thing to me when I’m cold is a filling, warm meal. As winter turns into spring, we have beautiful warm summer-like days but there is still a bit of chill in the air at night. Over the weekend was a perfect example 80’s beach days with chilly early spring nights. When Ben asked what the plan was for dinner Saturday night, I browsed through the Kraft Foods Hub and found some inspiration from the VELVEETA® Italian Sausage Bake Recipe and created this!
- 1 12oz box penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved zucchini slices
- 1 cup sweet mini pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup KRAFT mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup KRAFT shredded Parmesan Cheese
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK pasta about 3 minutes less than as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in large deep skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to cook both sides.
- Add olive oil, vegetables, garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2-3 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in VELVEETA, mozzarella and pasta; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick baking/cooking spray.
- Top with Parmesan.
- BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
- Kid Friendly Tips: Prepare as directed, substituting 1 lb. lean ground beef for the sausage and 1 cup each shredded carrots and zucchini for the 3 cups sliced zucchini. Also, try using a fun pasta shape, such as wagon wheels.
- Famous Queso Dip
- VELVEETA® French Bread Pizza
- Layered Pizza Dip
- VELVEETA® Down-Home Macaroni & Cheese
- PHILADELPHIA® Buffalo Chicken Dip
See more at Kraft Foods Cooking Up Cozy and don’t forget to Play the Spin to Win Game to print coupons to help save some money on a few of the ingredients!
Have dinner on us! Enter to win a $25 Walmart Gift Card below:
This post is written on behalf of Lunchbox by me. All opinions are 100% mine.