In my opinion, mint and chocolate go together like spiders and shoes. In fact, I am convinced that the reason people keep going back to Olive Garden is not for their alfredo, rather it is for the Andes Mints which they so generously give you at the end of the meal. Okay, well, maybe it is for both of those things.
This is one spider, however, that you will want to keep your shoes off of! He is as cute as he is tasty, and at just a fraction of the cost of a meal at Olive Garden he’s a real bargain!
*TIP* If you are having a hard time finding those generic Chocolate Creme Filled Cakes at the store, a great alternative that is FAT FREE is SnackWell’s Devil’s Food Cookie Cakes, 6.75 oz. You should be able to find those pretty easily!
- 1 package (2.7 oz) round chocolate-covered creme-filled cakes
- 2 scoops Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme or vanilla frosting
- 4 candy-coated chocolate candies (which is secret code for M&Ms)
- Chocolate syrup
- For each spider, cut cake in half crosswise. On a small dessert plate arrange the bottom half of the cake cut-side-up. Top with 1 scoop of Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, then remaining cake half, frosting side-up.
- Use two small dots of marshmallow creme and candies for the eyes. Drizzle chocolate syrup on the plate for legs. Serve immediately.