So much of what we loved about Finding Nemo is brought to use again in Finding Dory along with some great new characters to keep it interesting. Check out these 8 Fun Facts from Finding Dory.
8 Fun Trivia Tidbits From Finding Dory
- Despite the 13 year gap between Finding Nemo and Finding Dory, Findy Dory takes place just one year after the events of Finding Nemo.
- Although the film is titled Finding Dory, the blue tang and her friends are actually searching for Dory’s parents but along the way she ultimately finds herself.
- The scene where Dory first meets Marlin is taken straight from the first film, but is shown from Dory’s perspective.
- In Finding Dory we learn that a lot of Dory’s unusual behavior in the first film suggest that she hatched in an aquarium.
- Hank, the grouchy but tender-hearted Octopus has only seven tentacles because the animators realized they could not fit eight onto his body. They had to write this loss into his backstory to account for the missing limb. The film is set one year after the events of Finding Nemo (2003), forgetting the 13-year gap between their releases.
- Bonus: Hank actually made a cameo in The Good Dinosaur.
- As with all Disney films, characters from other Pixar films make cameos as visitors to the Marine Institute. Among the visitors are children from the daycare in Toy Story 3, teenagers from Inside Out and even patients to the Dentists office in Finding Nemo.
- The tag “A113” appears in All Pixar movies as a reference to the Cal Arts room where many of the animators from Pixar Studios attended. In Finding Dory, the tags on the sea lions Rudder and Fluke have “A1” and “13” on their tails.
Finding Dory releases on Digital HD on October 25th and Blu-Ray & DVD on November 15th.