Asian Inspired Spicy Baked Fish Sticks Recipe

Today’s featured item is the Swai fish. I honestly have never even heard of this type of fish before, but apparently it’s insanely popular right now. Why? Well it’s a mild flavored fish that is budget friendly.

asian inspired spicy baked fish sticks recipe

I’ll be honest. This week’s creation had me wrestling with what to make. I really wanted to try making a traditional Korean dish with this fish but realized that the meal would have probably gone against the “easy” theme for this series. I then switched gears to something kid friendly and finally decided on this Asian Inspired Spicy Baked Fish Sticks recipe. (Just remember to omit the Japanese pepper spices from the Panko mixture to make this kid friendly!)

asian inspired spicy baked fish sticks recipe

Pin it for Later!

These are excellent on their own, but would also be tasty with a light citrus flavored tempura sauce too!

[yumprint-recipe id=’16’]

35 thoughts on “Asian Inspired Spicy Baked Fish Sticks Recipe”

1. That looks delicious! I love buying the Olive Garden Italian dressing at Sam’s Club, we use it on everything – our salads (of course) chicken, shrimp, you name it!

2. We’ve been experimenting with different types of fish to see what we like best. This looks really tasty!

3. To be honest, I’ll probably pass on the fish, but I’m in big trouble now that I found out Olive Garden’s dressing comes in a bottle I can buy!

4. I have not tried Asian fish, but this recipe really, really wants me too! We love spicy fish so you can’t go wrong.

5. I justsaw Swai for the first time in the grocery store this week! Glad to see your explanation. I bet hubby would like this.

6. We regularly purchase fish from Sam’s Club. They have a great selection and the prices are really good. Haven’t tried Swai though.

7. I just heard of Swai too! Where have I been? This is such an awesome idea! What a great way to make fish sticks, I know my son will love to try these!

8. I’m not a big fish eater but these seriously look delicious. My daughter is 5 and a super picky eater. One of the few things I can be sure to always get in her tummy are fish sticks. I am going to make these for her this weekend!

9. Hmmm, I wonder if my six year old would like these? He is the only one that seems to like seafood in our house :)

10. I’m always looking for new ways to cook Tilapia. If I can make some fish sticks out of them, then that is awesome!! Thanks for the recipe!