I grew up thinking that potato chips were a vegetable. My household wasn’t exactly wise to nutrition and most of our groceries were prepackaged foods that met the needs of a family with six children- cheap, ready made, and with enough taste to prevent whining. This has led me down a very confusing nutritional path, and for most of my life I have refused to eat vegetables unless they were smothered in cheese or salad dressing. I have always struggled to maintain my weight, bouncing up and down on the scale as I desperately tried to curb my terrible sweet tooth.
With the birth of my son, I have realized my nutritional habits have to change because I want him to grow up with a taste for healthy food and an awareness of his own eating habits. As simple as it sounds to “eat your vegetables” it hasn’t been so easy for me. Most importantly, I am a terrible cook, and while I do my best to try new recipes with vegetables and other fresh ingredients, it has been a slow transition. I can often be found sneaking candy from the cupboard while I clean the dinner dishes containing my half eaten veggie casserole. The most important thing I have realized is that my changes have to be sustainable. For every promise to cut sugar out of my life and eat only fruits and veggies, I have spent a week binging on gummi bears and licorice. So I have opted for something a little different that I can stick to and so much tastier than burnt stir fry…Daily Greens™.
The idea behind Daily Greens started shortly after founder Shauna Martin survived a breast cancer diagnosis. As a young mother determined to maintain her health and recovery, she discovered her love of fresh juiced vegetables and her passion to share delicious, healthy options with others so they too can live their best lives. The first time it was available it was featured at a local farmer’s market, and within an hour it sold out. With such a dedication to providing the best of the best to their customers, Daily Greens has become so much more than just a juice.
Prepared with Care
Using certified organic vegetables from local family owned farms near the juicing center in Austin, TX, Daily Greens juices are never heat treated, pasteurized or diluted with water. The whole plant is used in the juicing, and there are never any pre-frozen juices or purees used in its making. Using cold press juicers, the organic veggies are gently juiced without any heat or spinning often used in other, lesser juices. After the veggies are juiced they are immediately bottled in a cold environment as to avoid oxidation or degrading of the nutrients and enzymes so carefully captured in the juicing process. In order to prevent harmful bacteria, each bottle is put through the High Pressure Processor. Once the juice is made and bottled, all of the organic waste is reused in organic soils and fertilizers for local farms, completing a cycle of organic and conscientious practices that provide delicious, nutrient rich juices.
Made for Everyone
Vegetables are loaded with nutritional benefits that are meant to help our bodies perform basic functions. Our bodies are designed to consume and use natural ingredients. When we eat the foods that are good for our bodies, it makes us feel better, think more clearly, sleep with ease, and be our best selves. Daily Greens hones the flavonoids, nutrients, and fiber from vegetables and makes them into great tasting juices that are low calorie, low sugar and even kid friendly. There are 4.5 pounds of raw, organic produce in each 12 oz. bottle which accounts for seven servings of vegetables. All juices are USDA Organic and Kosher Certified as well as non-GMO and no preservatives or artificial flavoring.
Eating my vegetables is always very last on my to do list, but I know I cannot pass on the same unhealthy and irresponsible eating habits to my own son. Nor can I neglect such a necessary daily serving that allows my body to perform normal functions. A bottle of Daily Greens gives me my serving of vegetables and allows me to focus on the 500 other things on my to do list. It shows my son that I make an effort to consume foods that are good for me. A bottle is also a serving of veggies for my son when I can’t get him to eat what I have prepared or our busy schedule calls for a quick meal. The juice is delicious and refreshing enough that even my picky two year old has no problem slurping it down. Being busy should never mean we neglect our health. It also isn’t an excuse to consume high fatty fast food. Ready made nutritional options are available and Daily Greens is the perfect example.
Knowing that I have gotten my serving of vegetables and my son has what he needs to grow and thrive makes me feel better about my health and my role as a parent. Having the necessary vitamins provided in Daily Greens also makes me more energetic and less irritable. No amount of coffee or sugary snacks can give me the clear thinking energy that a bottle of Daily Greens provides. It is proof to me that we truly are what we eat. Start choosing wisely.
Daily Greens has an array of combinations and tastes to appeal to everyone’s palate and nutritional needs.
- Harmony: Sweet Greens – Veggies such as celery and kale are complimented with sweet pear, citrusy apply and zesty lemon. You will also recognize a touch of fennel and ginger. (This is my favorite!)
- Morning Greens: Orange + Probiotic – With a orange and pineapple pop of vitamin C there is 2 billion CFU of body-loving probiotics great for your tummy. Among the refreshing fruit there is cold pressed celery, cucumber, spinach and romaine lettuce.
- Elevate: Smooth Greens – Cucumber, spinach and watercress mixes with just a light taste lime, sweet pear and a hint of vanilla. It is wonderfully smooth.
- Renew: Hydrating Greens – Sweet watermelon and rich, juicy greens are set off by spearmint and a taste of Himalayan pink salt all blended for great hydration.
- Vitality: Spicy Greens – Juicy cucumber, kale, and cilantro blended with sweet pineapple, hints of lime and Himalayan pink salt make this a vibrant drink. However, it is the kick of jalapeño that really makes it a zesty concoction.
- Purity: Pure & Simple Greens – Uncomplicated pure green juice goodness from cold-pressed cucumber, celery, kale, and broccoli with parsley, basil, and touch of lemon make a fresh, natural taste.
- Green Lemonade: Green Superfoods + Cayenne – a spicy, healthy lemonade cold pressed with E3Live® Blue-Green Algae for 70% protein plus 65 vitamins and minerals. Sweetened with natural stevia extract and zero grams of sugar with a cayenne kick! This is a great immune boost.
- Symmetry: Matcha Green Tea Hemp Seed Milk – Madagascar vanilla combined with organic hemp milk and featuring antioxidant-rich Matcha green tea to deliver a boost of 42mg caffeine. That is 5 grams plant based protein, a pop of iron, calcium, and omegas 3 and 6 to help you take on the day.
Founder Shauna Martin has recovered from her battle with breast cancer, and she lives each day with a profound appreciation to be with her friends and family. She also continues to drink her daily greens to maintain her health and hopes to inspire others to do the same. Daily Green also makes sure a portion of every purchase is donated to organizations like the Young Survival Coalition which helps young women diagnosed with breast cancer. This is especially important to me considering there is a long line of breast cancer in my own family history. By purchasing products that focus on issues affecting women, I feel as if I am doing a small part to make a difference in the lives of others.
In a time when our health often takes a back seat to the demands of daily life, we have to find ways to care for our bodies from the inside out. We have to be the positive role models for our children and give our bodies what they need to perform. The more junk we eat, the more vices we take on desperately trying to stay awake longer and survive our chaotic days, the more likely we are to get sick and worn out. You do have the time to take care of yourself and eat healthy. Start choosing products like Daily Greens to transform your health and be the best version of you. You owe it to yourself and your family.
Find Daily Greens at grocers near you such as: Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Safeway, Costco and Target.
This is sponsored content produced by me on behalf of Daily Greens. The opinions are all mine.