This Frozen Pomegranate Margarita (or Pomarita) recipe made with freshly squeezed pomegranate juice or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice just screams day at the beach, girls night out or backyard barbecue!
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed pomegranate juice* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec liqueur
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water dissolved together in cold water)
- Salt and lime for garnish (optional)
- If serving Martini Style:
- 1 Slice of an Orange
- Shake all drink ingredients with ice to chill.
- Strain into glass.
- Serve this pomegranate cocktail recipe in a martini glass prepared as follows:
- Mix in a bowl, one part ground cinnamon and one part granulated sugar.
- Moisten the rim of a martini glass by swiping a slice of orange around the rim.
- Dust glass rim with the sugared cinnamon mixture and decorate with a spiral of orange.
To juice the pomegranate, cut it in half (as you would a grapefruit) and juice using a citrus reamer or a juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. One large POM Wonderful Pomegranate will produce about 1/2 cup of juice.
Thanks, POM Wonderful.