Hyundai Debuts the LIMITED EDITION Veloster RE:FLEX at the Chicago Auto Show

Veloster
Chicago Auto Show

Hyundai debuted the Limited Edition Veloster RE:FLEX at the Chicago Auto Show to open applause by journalist and social media specialist alike. As they pulled the cover from the vehicle my mind instantly played a word association game with the Veloster RE:FLEX and the first word to come to mind was unique.  I feel like it would be nearly impossible to describe the sporty styling and unique features to someone who hadn’t seen the car. As your eyes traverse the body it’s line, curves and angles all play key components in it’s sporty styling. And while I may not be able to put my finger on exactly what it is, one thing is for certain, it definitely stands out from the crowd. Which is probably why it earned one of Kelley Blue Book’s “10 Coolest New Cars under $18,000.”

Hyundai’s Veloster RE:FLEX features black or red full leather seating, projector headlights with LED headlight accents, LED taillights, illuminated door sills, 18-inch alloy wheels with a PVD chrome finish, chrome hood accents and chrome door handles. The cherry on top is the RE:FLEX-exclusive Ice Pearl paint. It made car stand out even more. And while my personal preference is the Ice Pearl paint, the RE:FLEX is also available in in Century White, Vitamin C, Ultra Black, and Boston Red.

Aside from it’s eye catching exterior, the RE:FLEX also carries an eye catching ‘standard’ equipment package including front fog lights, piano black interior accents, a 450-watt Dimension premium audio system with eight speakers including a subwoofer, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, alloy pedals and an automatic up driver’s window.  But my favorite standard feature? All Velosters for 2014 come standard with a rearview camera – taking full advantage of the standard 7-inch multimedia touchscreen display.

Making it even more unique, the Veloster RE:FLEX Edition goes on sale early this Spring, with a limited production run of 3,000 units.

My travel and stay were hosted by the Chicago Auto Show. All opinions remain my own.

30 thoughts on “Hyundai Debuts the LIMITED EDITION Veloster RE:FLEX at the Chicago Auto Show”

1. Now THAT is a beautiful car! I bet you had a great time exploring all of the features of this beauty. I am surprised that it is so inexpensive!

2. I love cars but I haven’t been to a car show in ages… Looking at the photo, I’m thinking I should keep my ears open for one in NY.

3. Nice car – I love to go to the Car Shows. I have been going since I was little – my dad worked in the car industry for over 40 years.

4. Looks like a nice car! I prefer 4×4 and higher cars though. That one would not live through the roads I have to use, or not roads…

5. I wonder hows the leg room is in the back. It looks very sporty and I know I would love the rear view camera.

6. It sounds like it’s just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the out. Black and red leather interior? Sounds like luxury to me! I am always amazed by all of the innovations different car manufactures come up with.

7. Nice modern design and I can just imagine how economical it is on fuel. We are in the market for a new car. I’ve always drive german cars, but thinking of changing that. So many great options with Hyundai!

8. I LOVE that car! It’s so sleek. This is one I would consider buying for myself. The rearview camera is one of my favorite features in cars today.

9. We will be getting my daughter a car when she turns 18, we are already saving up! I love seeing these posts for the new cars that come out, it’s a great way for me to keep track of the new options!

10. we are in the market for a new car. We will have to go and check out this one! I love it and that it has a camera to see what is behind you! That is a MUST with kids!

11. That is a sweet little hatchback. White looks so clean to begin with, but mine would be soooo dirty by the end of the week.

12. That is a super nice looking car. I would love to go to a car show and get to see and demo some of the newer cars on the market.

13. We are right now in the process of actually looking for a car. Our Toyota is on it’s last leg and we are thinking we want to switch to a different brand. We have never thought about a Hyundai but now, I am thinking we need to test drive one.

14. That looks like a NICE car – and how awesome was the auto show? We usually have one in Boston, but I missed it this year.

15. I have never test driven or been in one (yet), but I do think Hyundai makes a good looking car. This one is no exception, that’s pretty sleek looking.