Coffee drinkers tend to be creatures of habit. We like our cups of java to be exactly how we want them, usually from the same place and usually at the same time each day. I’m not much different except that I exclusively drink coffee at home. (probably because I don’t leave my house much – lol!) While I do tend to like my coffee dark and bold, I also like variety.
I like being able to choose from several robust flavors and mix in some of the fancier brews – like a latte or cappuccino so when I was asked to try out a few samples from Caza Trail and Grove Square, I was thrilled to accept. The Dark Roast coffee became my go-to for my first cup of Joe, quickly followed up with a smooth French Vanilla cappuccino, my favorite of the samples I received. I love that its already sweet and frothy, with no need to add sugar or cream!
When you drink as much coffee as I do, you start looking for creative ways to re-purpose coffee grounds and K-cups. Instead of tossing them in the trash, there are so many more fun and creative ways to use them that will help the environment (and your pocketbook!).
Not only are K-cups great for starting seedlings before transferring to a garden, but they also make cool hanging planters for small spaces or a learning project for your toddlers!
This creative mom at Entirely Smitten, made her K-cups into custom stampers for the kids!
My son is currently fascinated by insects, especially ladybugs and likes to bring them inside and watch them. I love the idea of making a bug observatory from a K-cup!
Heather at CraftCravings.com turned her K-Cups into fun Easter Bunny treat holders!
And if you’re really feeling crafty and need a creative space to store all your k-cups, check out this awesome DIY K-Cup Chalkboard Organizer from AFewShortCuts.com!
How many of you re-use your coffee grounds? Did you know that coffee grounds can be re-used for all sorts of useful things around your home? So while you’re prepping your use K-Cups for other projects, be sure to save those used coffee grounds too and try some of these handy hosuehold tips:
- Use as mulch and work well with acid-loving plants like roses, azaleas, rhododendrons, evergreens, hydrangeas and camellias
- Creates a great environment for bait worms or in your compost. Mix the grounds in with the soil and then add the worms. The nutrients in the coffee extend their lifespan!
- Placing a bowl of dried coffee grounds in your refrigerator can neutralize odors from spoiled food.
- Adding coffee grounds to your garden will deter cats from using it as a litter-box while also repelling ants and slugs.
- Make a non-toxic roach trap by filling a large glass jar with 1/4 of water. Place a small cup containing wet coffee grounds inside the jar and place it next to a wall. The roaches are attracted by the smell, but will drown in the water!
What ways have you found to re-use your coffee grounds and K-cups?
One lucky winner will win ONE 12-count box of Caza Trail Donut Shop blend.
How to Enter to Win
Step #2: Use this easy giveaway form below to record your entries – good luck!! The comment entry is the only mandatory one you must complete to enter. All others are purely optional for those that really want to win!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sturm Foods, Inc. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating