Improving your home’s energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR appliances can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. All of which are good for you and for the environment. Need more reasons to shop for the Energy Star Seal of Approval?
- ENERGY STAR saves you money! All household appliances come with two price tags: the purchase price and the cost of operating the product. Energy Star products lower the cost of operating by reducing energy consumption by at least 20 percent than non-certified models.
- Everyone has heard the money saving tip to turn off your electronics when not in use. However, Energy Star products reduce energy usage whether they’re sleeping, idle or on.
Did you know? More than 80 percent of American homes have a clothes dryer. If each one was ENERGY STAR certified, Americans could save $1.5 billion each year in utility costs. Plus, prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to more than 2 million vehicles!
- You can often score rebates from your utility providers for smart home products and appliances. Find rebates in your area for energy-saving products.
- Reducing your energy consumption helps fight climate change, reduces carbon emissions and other pollutants, and preserves more of the Earth’s natural resources.
- They save you time. Newer models of dryers can dry clothes in a fraction of the time as older models. Plus, with features like wrinkle care and steam they will also allow you to skip pulling out the ironing board!
Want to take your energy savings a step further? Bundle and save. ENERGY STAR certified audio/video equipment, including sound bars, are up to 50% more efficient. Save even more when you combine them with ENERGY STAR certified televisions and other products.
So where do you purchase new energy efficient technology or appliances? Best Buy is committed to positively impacting the environment and their communities, which is why they offer a wide variety of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronics and appliances.
In fact, in 2015, Best Buy sold enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save customers $67,120,515 in annual energy costs and enough energy savings to help power 70,538 households for a year.
What is one reason you look for the ENERGY STAR seal?
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.