With Amazon Prime Day around the corner, RetailMeNot’s Shopping and Trends Editor, Sara Skirboll, shares her tips on how your readers can make the most of their Prime Day shopping.
Tips for Successful Amazon Prime Day Shopping
- Don’t forget to follow @amazonnews on Twitter for news and updates (*hint* potential deal leaks prior to Prime Day!)
- Being an Amazon Prime member has so many more benefits than just fast shipping. Check out our post on 7 Amazon Prime Perks Your Probably Didn’t Know About.
- Be ready when the festivities begin and check back often. Amazon Prime Day’s best bargains are available in limited quantities. As a Prime member, you’ll get advance notice, but if it’s one of those 4K big-screen TVs you’re after or a Nintendo Switch, be ready to pounce before they’re all gone.
- Get $10 to spend on Amazon for Prime Day, July 15 and 16, when you spend $10 at Whole Foods in-store or on Prime now.
- Download the Amazon app to get a sneak peek at deals a week in advance. Add the items you like to your list (here’s how), and you’ll receive an alert when they go on sale. Bonus: You’ll get $10 when you download and sign in to the Amazon app for the first time.
- Create your own wish list. Amazon will notify you if any of the items you’re coveting become Prime Day deals.
- If what you’re looking for isn’t on sale, check out other retailers. Many are offering their own Black Friday in July sales.
- Keep Lightning Deals on your radar. These super-limited offers are the best-of-the-best and never last long. Last year, to qualify as a lightning deal, a product had to be at least 20% off its list price. Once you put a lightning deal in your cart, you only have about 15 minutes to transact.
- Consider getting the Amazon Prime credit card. You’ll immediately get a $70 gift card and 5% back on all Amazon purchases.
- If you are an Amazon seller, prepare for increased collateral activity by having stock in supply and an awareness of what consumers are looking for when they shop Amazon Prime Day.