It’s the first day of the school year and I’m already behind. By the time five o’clock rolled around this afternoon I hadn’t even thought about tonights dinner menu. So what’s a mom to do? She goes for a family favorite – Beef Tips and Jasmine Rice. It’s all done within 20 minutes, full of hidden veggies and super easy to create.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1TBS Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/3 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1lb Lean Sirloin Tips
- 2 Bags Jasmine Success Rice
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Can Of Your Favorite Beef Gravy
- Coat the bottom of a deep saute pan with olive oil and heat.
- Add sirloin, garlic and salt and pepper to the pan. Brown the outside about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped bell pepper and onion. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in Gravy, Milk and Mushrooms in that order. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
Normally I would have a pot of rice going while I’m cooking making this 20 minute dish take 30 minutes. However, tonight I tried something new – Success® Jasmine Rice. It’s the only boil-in-bag Jasmine rice available. Even better, it cooks up in just 10 minutes. It also comes in pre-portioned, BPA-free bags which mean no mess or measuring involved.
So while my beef tips were cooking I added 1 quart water to a sauce pan and dropped in one bag of rice. I brought it to a boil and cooked for 8 minutes. Cutting 10 minutes off the cook time made this dish even more convenient and gave me a few more minutes to share in family conversation over the dinner table, rather than slaving away at the stove.
What’s your favorite quick and easy rice dish?