When you started dreaming of a destination wedding, your dreams may have centered around white beaches, and a picture perfect setting. If rain isn’t on your approved guest list, you’ll want to consider Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the mostly tropical desert region sees little rain unless there’s a hurricane. The area is known for its white sandy beaches, world-class scuba diving locations with abundant marine life, gigantic palms, and legendary surf.
Requirements for Weddings in Cabo San Lucas
- Couples must arrive 2-4 business days prior to their legal wedding ceremony, check with your wedding planner/resort to find out any specific resort requirements.
- Valid passports and Birth certificates (Original or certified copy of each one)
- Names, addresses, nationalities, occupations and ages of both parents.
- Health certificate/ original blood test – which must be taken in Mexico, results are ready within 24 hours. (Approx. $250 USD per couple)
- Divorce decree or original/certified copy of former spouse’s death certificate (if applicable)
- Tourist ID Card (issued by customs upon your arrival at Cancun International Airport)
- Legal documentation of adoption or name change (if applicable)
- Name, age, nationality, home address and occupation of 4 witnesses (resort can help provide them if needed)
Resorts in Los Cabos, like the Sheraton Grand Hacienda del Mar and The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos, say more couples are looking for highly unique twists for their weddings, including a “trash the dress” trend. Following weddings at their resorts, many brides jump into the surf at the resorts or at Lover’s Beach by the El Arco scenic rock-arch.
With numerous resorts in the area, the Sheraton and The Westin, stay competitive with superior customer service for their guests. Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Executive Chef Manuel de Luca and The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Executive Chef Manuel Peruyero, stroll the dining rooms daily to deliver personalized “star treatment” and specially-prepared dishes to guests.
Both resorts offer world-class spas and treatment packages, newly renovated and expanded gyms with workout programs and educational resources, plus healthy dining alternatives, such as The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos’ SuperFoodsRx™ menus with nutrient-rich dishes and Sheraton Hacienda del Mar’s under 500-calorie “Color Your Plate” selections.
Learn more about destination weddings in Cabo at VisitLosCabos.com.