I just got an email from Michael’s with some really fun, creative paint craft projects. This one caught my eye and seems real easy to do. Would be great to make for yourself/children but also as a thoughtful baby shower gift! Everyone always loves and cherishes things that are hand-made :)
Designed by Michaels® Design Team
- Craft Smart® All-Purpose Acrylic Paint: Vanilla, Light Green, Robin’s Egg Blue
- Scrapbook Frame
- Wooden Monogram Letter of choice
- Sponge Brush
- #12 Fat Brush
- Scrapbook Paper of choice, 12-inch x 12-inch
- Glue Runner
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Painter’s Tape
- Container of Water
- Palette or Plastic Plate
- Paper Towels
Hint: Allow paint to dry between steps. Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
- Use sponge brush to basecoat frame with Robin’s Egg Blue and monogram letter with Light Green.
- Use painter’s tape to mask off stripe on frame.
- Use #12 flat brush and Vanilla to paint stripes.
- Remove tape.
- Use tip of paintbrush handle dipped in Robin’s Egg Blue to dot monogram.
- Use brush to apply varnish to frame and letter. Let dry between coats.
- Use Glue Runner to apply several strips of glue on frame backing.
- Position and press scrapbook paper onto surface.
- Apply hot glue on monogram back.
- Immediately position and press onto scrapbook paper in frame center.
If you plan to do this project (I do, as soon as I have time), and want to share some photos of how yours turned out – I’d love to hear from you!