Duke Interviews the Cast of Earth to Echo

There is no other way to say it. My 8 year old son Duke went on an epic 24 hour Earth to Echo adventure and I was just a chaperone. It was cool to just take a back seat and watch him be a kid. Our adventure started at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. We’ve taken family and friends to check out Hollywood & Highland before, but staying there was a first! I don’t know about your kids, but mine love hotels.

EarthtoEcho-XeniaGalaviz-410While I was checking in, Duke got an invitation to hang at the pool with his BFF Teagan. He couldn’t get to the room fast enough to change, he was ready to go.

EarthtoEcho-XeniaGalaviz-419
After some serious splashing around, we went to get cute and have dinner before heading out to check out the Earth to Echo jellybean art at Sweet! Hollywood, the candy shop that is every kid’s dream. And then it was off to finally see the movie – but more on that later, check back later in the week for my review!

EarthtoEcho-XeniaGalaviz-438
We got back to our room and Duke started working on his questions for the cast. He always wants me to set up a YouTube account for him but was super nervous about the interview. I just told him to have fun. He came up with these questions and it was off to sleep.

• What was your favorite part filming the movie?
  • Did you get to film with Echo on the set?
  • How was it being on that cool spaceship?

The next day during the interview, I was standing on the side like a proud pageant mom – he did so well!

Then, it was my turn. I got to sit at a roundtable with Director Dave Green, Screenwriter Henry Gayden and Producer Andrew Panay. Some interesting things about Earth to Echo:

• They found the cast 5 days before shooting
  • They finished in 30 days!
  • Two scenes were shot on an iPhone

EarthtoEcho-XeniaGalaviz-447When I first saw the trailer for the movie, I couldn’t help but think about the classics I grew up watching – Goonies, Stand by Me, E.T.

Producer Andrew Panay must’ve read my mind because he said, “It’s very much like when I was 12 and 10. The same thing with the guys here, and we sort of bonded over the Goonies and those movies. And really, where are those movies? What happened?

Take your kids on an epic adventure!

Echo-banner
Earth to Echo opens in theaters on July 2, 2014.
Visit the official website
Like Earth to Echo on Facebook
Follow @EarthToEcho on Twitter
Coverage brought to you by Surf and Sunshine Contributing Journalist Xenia. (You can visit her blog at Raised by Culture). She attended a press event for this film courtesy of Relativity Media. All thoughts are her own.

39 thoughts on “Duke Interviews the Cast of Earth to Echo”

1. It’s amazing how close to shooting they cast it. I have to check this out and see if it’s one my son would enjoy.

2. Your son did an awesome job. I’ve been seeing the trailers and my kids aren’t interested in seeing it but maybe I’ll get it when it comes on DVD.

3. I thought about ET too- and that movie with Johnny 5, Short Circuit I think? Classic’s! I can’t wait to this movie.

4. Your son did an awesome job and I loved the interview. I watched the whole video and could have watched more. I haven’t heard about this movie but I do want to see it. I think it will bring back memories of ET to most of us and that is a good thing.

5. We can’t wait to see this. It looks like such an awesome movie! My husband is blown away by the previews he’s seen so he’s more excited than anyone to see it.

6. What a sweet interview idea! He came up with some really great questions. The movie looks great and I can’t wait for it to come out.

7. I would like to say that Duke seriously had his stuff together! I love that he had the opportunity to conduct an interview!

8. This sounds like a good movie! I would like to go see it! And having some shot from and Iphone makes it more interesting!

9. Looks like a great film. My youngest will have to miss it as she is too little but can’t wait to take my older daughter!

10. Aww, it’s like mini blogger action! So cool that your son was able to do the interview – then he could give you pointers on how to do it right :)

11. I am excited to see that movie. Don’t know if my boys are old enough to see if yet. But I bet they will enjoy when they get a little older.

12. Poor guy. He doesn’t know that Echo is CGI. That will be a hard lesson to learn. Can’t help me say this is just the new ET movie!

13. I totally want to go see this movie. While I don’t plan on taking my little ones to see it {they are too young for it} It is one that I want to see. It looks great!

14. What a cutie. I’m so glad he got to be the interviewer for the day and get his brush with fame. The movie sounds like one I might want to check out.
    Estelle

15. This is so interesting….I too would be one proud MAMA! The movie looks really good. I have been posting the trailers and helping to promote! We plan to check it out next week.