Essential oils have exploded in popularity as a way of naturally promoting health and well being. Depending on the essential oil, there are some amazing therapeutic properties that can be utilized.
Here is a list of some of our favorite essential oils to use in our hand made home, bath and body products along with their therapeutic benefits when applied to the skin:
- Lavender: calming, relaxing, may help with sleep and anxiety
- Peppermint: invigorating, may help with digestion and headaches
- Rosemary: balancing, great for concentration, focus and clarity
- Tea tree: antimicrobial, may help with acne and other skin conditions
- Eucalyptus: stimulating, detoxifies and may help with acne
- Rose: packed with antioxidants, may help even skin tone and reduce irritation from eczema or psoriasis.
- Frankincense: calming, anti-aging properties and may help with skin imperfections
- Bergamot: anti-aging plus antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties make it a natural remedy for acne and eczema
- Lemon: energizing, may help balance the pH of skin for improved hydration
- Sandalwood: anti-inflammatory, may help with wrinkles and blemishes
- Chamomile: calming, may help with inflammation, redness and overall complexion
- Ylang-ylang: hydrating, may help boost collagen production
Essential oils are amazing and can do wonders for your mind, body, and soul!
But let’s be real – when it comes to using essential oils, it’s important to proceed with caution. You should always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before using on skin or near mucous membranes.
Never apply undiluted essential oils directly to the skin (no matter how tempting) and you should always do a patch test before using any new oil.
We all want to use these marvelous scents for therapeutic means, so please do your research before doing anything and make sure to read the fine print on any labeling of products. Make sure to research each oil carefully, check for potential interactions with existing medications or health concerns.
Have fun experimenting but if it doesn’t feel right or you’re getting any weird sensations, stop immediately and contact your doctor. Never ingest essential oils without consulting a qualified healthcare provider first!
It is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or aromatherapist before using essential oils.
Above all else, know that essential oils are not cures in themselves – rather they may contribute to overall wellness by complementing existing treatments.
My products are not FDA Approved and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.