In honor of Valentines Day, we’ve scoured the web to come up with 10 Fascinating Facts about Love and Valentines Day.
- A typical french kiss moves 29 muscles in the face.
- Eleven percent of women have gone online and done research on a person they were dating or were about to meet, versus seven percent of men.
- One minute of passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories.
- The tradition of the diamond engagement ring comes from Archduke Maximillian of Austria who, in the 15th century, gave a diamond ring to his fiancée, Mary of Burgundy.
- The phrase “Sweets for the sweet” is a line from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Act 5, Scene 1.
- The longest kiss on record is 33hrs and was between Matty Daley & Bobby Canciello in 2010
- Verona, the Italian city where Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet took place, receives around 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine’s Day.
- According to mathematical theory, we should date a dozen people before choosing a long-term partner; that provides the best chance that you’ll make a love match.
- Couples’ personalities converge over time to make partners more and more similar.
- The roots of St. Valentine’s Day can be traced back to the Roman fertility festival of Lupercalia. On Lupercalia, a young man would draw the name of a young woman in a lottery and would then keep the woman as a sexual companion for the year.
So how many did you already know? Which fact was most fascinating?