Halloween is one of the most fun times of the year. Not only for the costumes, but there are also so many ways to dress up your food too! I’m obsessed with finding great Halloween recipes and this one is one of the best, I think!
These cute little bell pepper jack-o-lanterns are a creative way to feed your trick-or-treaters something healthy before the candy onslaught begins.
- 6 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 dgs. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, and cut out jack-o-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about one hour.