I’m not sure what it is with kids and slime, but it certainly is a magical combination! My son and his friends look forward to the weeks before Halloween each year when I find a couple of fun Halloween treats to make from Parenting Magazine.
They always have simple recipe ideas to turn regular meals into themed holiday celebrations that the whole family loves.
Pinterest is always a great Halloween Jell-o idea resource as well, but sometimes the recipes can get a little more crazy than I have the time or energy for.
With just Jell-o and gummy worms, this slimy Halloween dessert recipe is easy peasey! I hope you enjoy these easy to make, slimy Jell-O snacks as much as we did.
What else could I use other than gummy worms?
The beauty about this treat is that it is completely customizable to you and your kids’ tastes. You choose your favorite Jell-o flavors and you can use virtually any candy you want – gummy or not!
Here are some alternate candy ideas we have tried:
What kind of cups do you use?
While you could certainly use any cup or even bowl you have on hand, I like using these glass cups with lids.
The glass helps the Jello cool quickly and the lids make these stackable and easy to save leftovers for later.
Halloween Slimy Jell-o Worms
Halloween Jello Worms is a super easy to make, cool, slimy treat that your boys and ghouls are sure to enjoy!
- 1 package lime Jello
- 1 package of another Jello flavor (cherry, berry-blue, or grape for example)
- Gummy Worms
- Prepare the lime Jell-O as directed and divide between 8-ounce mason jars, clear bowls, or plastic cups. Only fill the bowls/cups halfway; refrigerate until firm.
- Prepare the other Jell-O flavor as directed on package.
- While second package of Jell-O is cooking, place three gummy worms on top of the set lime Jell-O and drape another worm over the top of the cup lip.
- Pour the second batch of Jell-O over the worms, filling cups to the top; refrigerate.
Do you have another Halloween worm recipe?
We sure do! How about the classic everyone loves – Dirt and Worm Pudding Dessert.
It’s really easy to take our basic recipe and get creative. Some ideas are:
- use chopped mint for grass
- experiment with different cookies for varied dirt color and texture
- add edible rock candy for more realism
- use whipped cream instead of pudding for a lighter snack
More Halloween Treat Recipes you may like
- 5 of the Most Adorable Halloween Bento Box Ideas
- Spooky Halloween Recipe: Black Bean Spaghetti
- Halloween Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Sausage Mummies
- 10 Fun Halloween Craft Ideas for Kids
- Make These Adorable Halloween Monster Cookies
- Halloween Tempura Hot Dog Octopus Bites Recipe