Located in Bloomington, Minnesota this mall has 520 stores, 50 restaurants, and it is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world…and for good reason! So much more than just a mall, it has something for everyone in your family and is a destination that you’ll want to have more than one day to enjoy. Since opening in 1992, this incredible mall has been featured on the Discovery channel, Travel Channel, and TLC. The mall hosts over 400 events each year and draws tourists from all over the world. If you want a shopping experience like no other, you have to visit the Mall of America.
For the kids, there are stores to inspire their imagination and creativity. Check out the LEGO® Store with 170 different LEGO elements and a 34 feet tall robot. Visit the American Girl Store full of accessories, furniture, and outfits for the famous dolls that represent girls from all walks of life. Build your very own adorable teddy bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop. Take a stroll through Barbie’s Dreamhouse®. This life size replica is complete with a virtual elevator, closet and shoe room where guests can virtually try on Barbie’s wardrobe, an interactive cupcake station, a make-up studio, and much more.
Unfortunately, we only had a day to spend here and it was not nearly enough. While tax-free shopping on life’s necessities (that means clothes and shoes!) was tempting, my family took the adventure route and we decided to hit up every ride and game at Nickelodeon Universe®, the nation’s largest indoor theme park. The park spreads over seven acres full of mind blowing rides and Nickelodeon entertainment.
There are rides for every member of the family – from the smallest kids to the white knuckle thrill seekers.
After a quick bite to eat in the massive food court, we decided to walk off some calories with a family game of Moose Mountain Adventure Golf. A full 18 holes, it took us about an hour to finish and we even scored additional free rounds by scoring hole in one’s on the 18th hole! (Our 4 year old even got one)
With the hours flying by, we chose to spend our last hour getting an up close and personal with sharks, jellyfish, sea turtles, and over 10,000 other aquatic animals at SEA LIFE® Aquarium.
Similar it’s sister location at LEGOLAND California, with games and interactive participation, you and the family can see creatures from the depths of the oceans.
There was so much more to do. For instance, some other suggestions are:
- After you explore the ocean, fly through the air with the A.C.E.S Simulation. It mimics the flight simulators that are used to train actual military pilots. You can fly a modern F/A-18 Hornet Jet and WWII Fighters like the P-51 Mustang and F4U Corsair.
- View authentic Star Trek props, costumes, and museum pieces in the Star Trek™ Exhibit. Step aboard the Starship Enterprise and even sit in the Captain’s Chair. Explore the wonder of the Star Trek Universe and experience the awe of space.
- Take a break from all that shopping and activities to catch a movie at Theatres at MOA. Catch a 3D movie in the 200 seat 3D theatre with 30 D-Box seats to make you feel like you’re actually in the movie. For those 21 and older enjoy beer or wine while you catch a film and relax in the plush, high-backed rocker chairs.
- Grab some food and a few laughs at the Comedy House. Comedians such as Jimmy Fallon, Chelsea Handler, Conan O’Brien and many more have performed at the notorious Comedy House. Tuesday through Sunday there are the best happy hour specials in the Twin Cities. Take a load off and try the fried cheese curds and the famous comedy concoctions while you have a laugh.
- If you have a special birthday coming up for a little one, the Mall of America has a variety of birthday packages. Try a party with The American Girl package or Nickelodeon Universe®. Take a walk on the wild side and celebrate at the Rainforest Café or the Sea Life Aquarium. Celebrate with the Build – A – Bear Workshop. Packages come with many options and lots of goodies for the lucky birthday kid and guests!
With so much activity going on, I was pleased to learn that The Mall of America also participates with charities and organizations donating $26,000 daily in cash and products. In the past year, the Mall of America has supported over 50 organizations returning so much to the community.
To learn more about The Mall of America and to plan your adventure, visit their website.
Thank you to Mall of America for hosting our family fun day exploring their incredible facility. All opinions remain my own.
21 thoughts on “Play, Eat, Shop and Explore at Mall of America”
My husband has been telling me that he wants to take me and the kids to the mall of America. Thanks for your photos now I have a glimpse of how it looks like. Looks fun!!!
I really want to go here! I would make a trip just for the mall.
This looks like a great place! I’ve never been to this mall, I really need to take a trip here with the family.
We have been to the Mall of America and it is enormous. Looks like you all had fun, your little man is adorable!
I have always wanted to go to this mall, it looks amazing, wish I lived near it because we would be there all the time!