Pokémon Trainer Challenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain

On a bright sunny Sunday morning, I headed out to Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is located in the town of Valencia (a suburb of Los Angeles). This was my daughter’s first time at Magic Mountain, which is known for thrilling rides such as Batman™ The Ride, The Riddler’s Revenge and Tatsu. I hadn’t been back to Six Flags Magic Mountain since my college days, so it was really neat to experience this theme park with my daughter.

Pokemon_ChloeSixFlags

I have to admit though that we were not going to be riding any super tall or fast thrill rides today, we were at Six Flags Magic Mountain to watch the Pokémon Trainer Challenge. What is this challenge? It is where Pokémon enthusiasts at Six Flags Magic participate in a fun challenge for a chance to win a 4-pack of 2015 Season Passes to Six Flags, plus over $250 worth of Pokémon toys!

Pokemon_Sign

When we arrived, we found the Pokémon booth (sponsored by Tomy) near the Golden Bear Theatre.

Pokemon_GoldenBearTheatre

There were all sorts of cute Pokémon plush toys.

Pokemon_Plush

The challenge didn’t start until 3pm, but there were sign-up sheets for kids to enter their name in a drawing. Officials randomly drew names at 2:30pm to find out which 10 kids were going to participate in the Pokémon Trainer Challenge.

We rode some of the fun kiddie rides in Bugs Bunny World, stopped for lunch and then headed back to watch the Pokémon Trainer Challenge. Since my daughter’s name wasn’t picked, we were able to relax and cheer on the contestants as they raced to see who could put on the Pokémon Trainer gear the fastest. There were 5 battles, consisting of 2 kids in each battle. The judges timed each kid as they put on the Pokémon Trainer Clip ‘n Carry Poke Ball Belt and other assorted items.

Pokemon_TrainerChallenge

In the end, the kid who put on the gear the fastest won the prize! If you missed this fun event, don’t worry, there are other opportunities later this month. On August 17th, 23rd and 24th Six Flags guests will be able to visit the Pokémon branded booth inside each park, providing kids with the opportunity to check out some of the hottest new Pokémon toys.  Not only can kids try out the products, but they can also take their photo next to a life-size Ashe! This will be a unique experience at one of 5 theme parks. NOTE: Participating Six Flags theme parks include the parks in Chicago, New Jersey, Dallas, Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Thanks to Six Flags for allowing me to participate in this fun opportunity. All opinions remain my own.

33 thoughts on “Pokémon Trainer Challenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain”

1. Wow, this is such a fun challenge that I know my 7 year old would have excelled at! Me on the other hand am a roller coaster chicken!

2. My son used to be obsessed with Pokemon. I am glad to see its still just as big as it was back then. What a fun place for the kids. Thanks for sharing.

3. My older kids just went to Six Flags last week, I wonder if they saw this or if it was at our Six Flags. I’ll have ask them.

4. I had no idea Pokemon was still popular. I remember my little brother being really into them a long time ago. He would have loved this event!

5. Looks like a lot of fun. I think we have reached the grown out of Pokemon phase but I have a feeling kiddo would still enjoy Magic Mountain.

6. Don’t tell my nephews but I would keep the Pikachu Plush Toys for myself, he could have all the other characters if he wants, just not THAT one! LOL

7. it totally made me remember when my son was 3/4 ears old and pokemon was on its first season or second with only 50 pokemons we had to collect them all.

8. Perhaps I shouldn’t admit this in public…but…when Pokemon first came out, I was a huge fan. I collected boxes of cards, saved up my money and got tons of packs. I never played…just collected the cards. To this day…I still have those cards in mint condition stored in their very own binder. It’s a great topic of conversation at school…when I want children to open up, I bring my binder to school and they suddenly become my best friend. :)

9. We live about 30 minutes from 6 Flags over Texas but haven’t been in years. My kids both bought season passes this year since they enjoy it so much.

10. Looks like so much fun! Never been to six flags, but always wanted to! My kids would absolutely love this!

11. My son would flip if he were there! He never has experienced anything Pokemon outside the house, this looks like so much fun!
    Mitch

12. I just had a conversation with a friend whose sons are obsessed with Pokemon. My son isn’t into Pokemon yet. And it’s been forever since I’ve been to a Six Flags!

13. I took my daughters and several of their friends to a similar event at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL a number of years ago. They had a blast and two of them even went in costume (Jessie and Misty).