I love my job most days, but today friends, I *really* love my job. I mean, who wouldn’t when a company like PURA VIDA Tequila sends you 3 of their hand-crafted, triple distilled, estate-grown 100% Blue Weber agave spirits and says – “Make something”. Why yes, thank you. I will. I will make a FEW things actually because even though I’m not the biggest fan of tequila, PURA VIDA is crazy smooth with excellent flavor. (Perfect for a tequila pansy like me.) The first is quite possibly the simplest BLT Bloody Maria Recipe you’ll ever see.
What makes PURA VIDA different from the rest? Well, I’ve been told that a secret Champagne yeast was created especially for PURA VIDA’s fermentation process. Classical Music is played over the tanks “to help deliver an extremely pure and clean profile without the stereotypical tequila bite.” (No joke!)
- PURA VIDA is Triple Distilled to achieve the purest and highest quality available (twice in traditional small batch custom designed, hand crafted copper stills and once using a custom designed stainless steel purification process)
- With no additives, PURA VIDA Tequila is just 57 calories per one ounce shot
- Made from 100% Blue Weber Agave harvested exclusively from the Vivanco Estate in the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico
The Beverage Industry News (BIN) has chosen to honor the brand by selecting Pura Vida Tequila Reposado as the Editor’s Top Pick for 2013. For those of you that were unaware, the Beverage Industry News has served the U.S. Beverage Industry for eighty plus years and is one of the most widely read and respected beverage trade publications in the country. So yeah, this award is kinda a big deal.
The first recipe I’d like to share with you is one of their very own signature creations – the Pancho Villa. Also known as a Bloody Maria, PURA VIDA’s recipe is quite easy and delicious without the usual hassle of creating a bloody maria (or bloody mary). The secret is using the PURA VIDA Bloody Mary Maria Mix. Based on a traditional secret family recipe dating back to the 1920’s, its a powerful blend of tomato, lime and orange juices plus spices.
I haven’t had anything to eat yet today, so I thought it appropriate to make myself a BLT by adding bacon, lettuce and tomato as my garnish. Add a few drops of Tabasco Sauce plus a simple cayenne/sugar/salt rim and I have the makings of a perfect TGIF lunch. Yes, I love my job.
- 1 oz Pura Vida Reposada
- 4 oz Pura Vida Bloody Mary-Maria Mix
- Shake ingredients with ice. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass Garnish with a celery stalk and lemon wheel.
- Rim glass with cayenne/sugar/salt. Garish with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Drink responsibly folks! Don’t drink and drive and don’t let your friends drink and drive.