Summertime Shoes for Kids

This post brought to you by Stride Rite. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Surf and Sunshine.

Summer is here and you know what that means, it’s time to let the adventures begin! We kicked things off last weekend with a barbecue with friends and this weekend, it’s all about family time. We’re spending Saturday at the zoo and Sunday at the beach, but first, we needed to take a trip to the mall. In addition to some maternity clothes for mom and a game for dad, our little needed a few summer supplies. A hat, sunglasses and of course a new pair of shoes.Stride RiteDoes anyone else have a five year old fashionista? Finding a pair of shoes for her is difficult to say the least. Her sweaty little feet saturate shoes and socks but many girls sandals simply arent practical or very comfortable for play either. We found the perfect compromise at Stride Rite with their Made 2 Play Aqua Sneaker.
stride rite 2
For her, it was love at first sight with such bright summer colors. While she is convinced she can run fast and jump higher in her new shoes, I loved them for more practical reasons. For starters, all of the shoes in the Stride Rite Made 2 Play for girls are designed to be easy for her to get on and off by herself, thanks to Grip and Go Straps and specially designed soles so kids can tell which shoe belongs on which foot.
stride rite 1
Added features like being machine washable (yay!), a reinforced toe, dirt-shedding soles and memory foam inserts were a bonus. But perhaps best of all, they solved two of our summer shoe problems. First, the anti-stink lining combined with a light mesh construction cut down on her foot sweat and odor. Second, unlike her less practical sandals, they didn’t rub in all the wrong places. We got to test those capabilities out at the park and it was an all around win, and no surprise why the entire Made 2 Play Collection has received 4.5 – 5 star reviews.

You can make your Stride Rite shoe purchase in store or online, just find a store near you with the handy Store Locator tool. Make sure to save 20% with our exclusive coupon SURFSUP20. Find out more about the Stride Rite products, including Stride Rite Made 2 Play for boys by visiting their Facebook and Instagram pages!

Visit Sponsors Site

35 thoughts on “Summertime Shoes for Kids”

1. My kids barely wear any shoes in the Summer months, it is like Summer Break from school means their feet are on a break from shoes too ;) These are great styles of shoes though, maybe have to check it out for my little niece.

2. What cute little shoes. Love the fun colors, and the little extras put in to make it easier for kids to put on their own shoes. How thoughtful and practical.

3. These are such cute shoes. I love the colors. I remember when my son used to think he could jump higher and run faster in his new shoes.

4. These are some adorable looking shoes. They look mighty comfortable too. I like that they can be washed in a washer too. Thanks for sharing.

5. I bought StrideRite shoes for my son more than 40 years ago. His little feet, were, well, not so little. He wore a 6 1/2 EEE, which means his feet were as wide as they were long. Stride Rite was the only shoe brand that fit him. His daughter is now a 5 year old fashionista, just like your daughter, and loves everything pink, princess, purple, and sparkely. She would love the shoes you picked for your daughter.

6. Little ones need good, quality footwear. It’s especially important when you’re off on fun summer adventures.

7. Those shoes are absolutely adorable, as is the model of them! Stride Rite is a brand that I have known and trusted for years.

8. I’ve heard great things about stride rite shoes. I think they sound really great. I’ve never had them for my kids but I think I may check them out!

9. My mom used to buy my shoes at Stride Rite when I was a kid and it is great to see they are still successfully going strong. Love that the pair you chose is machine washable.

10. Those are completely darling and so sensible for outings. Summer is a time to be enjoyed and setting kids up with well fitting, comfortable shoes is a first step.

11. I bought a lot of shoes from Stride Rite when my son was younger. I love how colorful and bright the shoes are. You also can’t beat machine washable.

12. Stride Rite shoes are great. I’ve been getting them for the kids for years. Those are so much fun! I love those colors.

13. Such cute shoes! My preschooler would love those. She really needs some new shoes, and I always forget about Stride Rite.

14. These shoes are TOO CUTE! I have always loved the style options and quality that comes with the stride rite brand! So fun!

15. I have always loved Stride Rite. Those shoes are ADORABLE! I love how it doesn’t rub the foot in the wrong spot along with less sweaty feet!

16. Hi Ashley – these are adorable shoes that seem rugged, easy to wear and washable – plus she ‘loves’ them – what more can you say!

17. Now if they would make a pair of those sneakers for adult women as well. They really are a vibrant pink color which catches the eye immediately.

18. Oh they look cute! With that mesh part, does that mean you can wash them? I like that the shoes help kids figure out which shoes go on which foot. Very nice feature!