Traveling anywhere the day before Thanksgiving is terrible. The traffic, the crowded airports… it’s miserable. Families are stressed to their max trying to make their flights, making sure the kids actually stay in tow, and someone always forgets the TSA 3-1-1 rule, effectively slowing things to a crawl. Sometimes you make it even worse by letting your husband convince you to fly standby on this, the worst of all travel days, and end up stuck at the airport for hours with your toddler. True story. It’s easy for the holiday cheer of the season to get lost somewhere between gate C17 and baggage claim as we rush from one point to the next, but Verizon is hoping to restore a bit of that holiday cheer to travelers this year with Thanksgetting.
Verizon just introduced a new holiday the day before Thanksgiving as a way of saying thank to all of their customers and easing the stress of holiday travel. They’re calling it “Thanksgetting,” a holiday that’s all about giving people movies, music, e-books, and more to help them get through their grueling Thanksgiving travel.
Verizon partnered with top brands and retailers in digital entertainment to create the following Thanksgetting gifts for consumers and help make the day better:
- E-books, movies and TV shows and music from Amazon
- A $5 iTunes gift certificate from Apple
- A 30-day trial of Pandora One for new subscribers
- $20 off one ride from Lyft on Thanksgetting Day, November 25
- Complimentary airport and in-flight Wi-Fi from Boingo and Gogo
- My Rewards+ points from Verizon Fios
- Verizon customers even get an extra gig of data through the end of their November bill cycle, and the entire next billing cycle as well!
The best part? You don’t even have to be a Verizon customer to get in on the action! All you have to do is go to the Thanksgetting website between now and November 25th and sign up. On November 25th, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of the gifts you want.
Surf and Sunshine is a member of the #VZWBuzz Lifestyle Blogger program. All opinions remain our own