Take one blushing bride all dressed in white, and one gorgeous groom. Accessorize with the perfect hair, makeup and flowers set against a gorgeous backdrop.
These are just a few of the elements brides spend months preparing to be captured on film, but what about your smile? On your wedding day you will flash thousands of smiles and everyone will be looking at you! Make sure each one is picture perfect with these tips I found and used for having a whiter smile for my wedding.
Tips for Having Whiter Teeth
- Crunchy fruits and veggies actually scrub your teeth clean while you eat. They also stimulate saliva that aids in fighting the formation of plaque. Double bonus: eating healthier snacks helps you stick to that wedding diet too!
- Did you know that oranges and pineapples contain acid that whitens teeth? They also contain enzymes that kill bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath and they taste great to boot!
- Yet another tasty fruit that can help whiten teeth are strawberries. They contain an enzyme called malic acid so be sure to throw these into your healthy snack routine too.
- Dairy products like yogurt, milk or hard cheeses can help protect teeth against decay. Plus, dairy is loaded with calcium to strengthen the bone that holds teeth in place. You want to keep that sparkling smile for years to come, right?
Preventing Teeth Stains
- Sadly, some of my favorite foods like soda, coffee, tea, and soy sauce stain teeth. Avoiding them is the best way to prevent teeth stains but if you can’t, rinsing immediately after eating those foods helps reduce the stains they leave.
- Tobacco is terrible for your health, but it also stains your fingers and teeth – so avoid it!
You can also try whitening your teeth. The toothpaste isle at your local drug store or supermarket is home to a variety of whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, pens and whitening strips. While traditionally they haven’t given very impressive results (believe me, I’ve tried them all!), I’m really loving the new ARM & HAMMER™ Truly Radiant™ lineup.
Since following the above tips and getting married last year, I’ve managed to completely kick the soda habit (heel click jump for that!), but still have at least 2 cups of coffee a day. I’ve been saddened by the recent yellowing of my smile but by using the Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant complete system of 3 products (Rinse, Rejuvenating Toothpaste and Manual Toothbrushes with heads that rotate) for the past 2 weeks, I’ve seen a noticeable, more whiter smile!
I also really love and support the fact that Arm & Hammer has partnered with City of Hope Cancer Treatment Center to launch a social media initiative encouraging women to share their radiant moments. Each time a #TrulyRadiantFinish story is shared (by you!) on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, Arm & Hammer will donate $1 to City of Hope, so be sure to take a moment to do so. It’ll be the easiest donation you’ve ever made.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer™.