CaliforniaFoodieTravel

Sushi Makes Me Happy Happy Happy

restaurant review crew dis

One of the best perks of living in a melting pot like Los Angeles is the never ending options for eating out. While we don’t eat out too often, when we do, we always have our tried and true go-to favorites. Our number one pick for anniversaries and date nights is always Fusion Sushi in Hermosa. While there are more Sushi joints than you can shake a stick at in our neighborhood, Fusion is one that NEVER disappoints.

fusion sushi hermosa beach 2

They have a HUGE menu selection (with pictures!) and over the years we have tried almost everything on it. Unlike some sushi restaurants, the edamame is free and shows up automatically shortly after seating. If you’re a fan of soy beans, be sure to try their spicy garlic sautéed edamame for a real treat!

fusion sushi hermosa beach 4

There isn’t a single thing I wouldn’t have again or recommend, which makes it so difficult to choose exactly what to have each time we go. Aside from sushi, the owners are Korean so they also offer Kalbi – a MUST try. If you’ve never had it before, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it!

If you’re trying to stay away from carbs, my favorite no rice roll is the Blue Diamond Roll – Tuna, Salmon and Yellowtail wrapped in Cucumber topped with a Ponzu sauce – DELICIOUS!!

fusion sushi hermosa beach 4

While our initial draw to Fusion was their everyday great prices, we keeps us coming back is the quality. The fish is always fresh, the chefs are always cheerful and we always leave satisfied. One thing I do know for sure is that we always have the same problem of not being able to stop eating the deliciousness and stuffing ourselves stupid.

fusion sushi hermosa beach 4

If you’re ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping by for lunch, happy hour (Monday – Thursday 3-5pm) or dinner. I promise you won’t be sorry!

Fusion Sushi
1200 Pacific Coast Highway
Hermosa Beach, CA, 90254
(310) 318-2781

Restaurant.com is the trusted and valued source connecting restaurants and diners nationwide.  The company offers savings at thousands of restaurants nationwide with more than 50,000 gift certificate options.  Restaurant.com brings people together to relax, converse and enjoy well-prepared and -served meals at affordable prices.  To date,Restaurant.com customers have saved more than $1 billion through the gift certificate program. Restaurant.com has operated since 1999 and is based in Arlington Heights, Ill.

Jeana S

Jeana S

Research lab rat turned travel mom, Jeana S writes about gadgets, tech, entertainment, weddings and of course, travel. When she's not using her powers for social good, she enjoys photography, cooking and playing robots with her son. On occasion, you may also find her crocheting cute things to hide in Ben's underwear drawer.

A Visit to Their Majesties' Chappell, St. Peter's Church in Bermuda

4 Beach Bag Essentials for A Successful Beach Day with Kids

1. Mia
    August 11, 2013 at 11:14 am — Reply

Mmm I love sushi! (although not the kind with raw fish)

2. judy gardner
    August 7, 2013 at 2:58 am — Reply

i am not a sushi fan – sorry!

3. August 5, 2013 at 1:13 pm — Reply

We do have sushi in our area Chinese restaurant. I just can’t get past the taste that to me doesn’t really taste like anything which I can recognize.

4. Mia Dentice Carey
    August 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm — Reply

I’m not a fan but I’ll share with my West Coast friends! =)

5. kristin sims
    August 2, 2013 at 10:51 pm — Reply

Sushi makes me sad sad sad !!! :) I have never tried it, but have watched my dad eat it, he loves it, but it is just not for me, thank you

6. Lily Kwan
    July 30, 2013 at 3:20 am — Reply

This sushi looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

7. slehan
    July 29, 2013 at 10:00 pm — Reply

I like that they have pictures. I’d like the spicy garlic sautéed edamame and the diamond roll.

• August 1, 2013 at 8:40 pm — Reply

I like the pictures as well. Knowing exactly what you’re getting when you’re eating unfamiliar cuisine at a new restaurant can be challenging.

8. Susan Broughton
    July 17, 2013 at 3:05 am — Reply

I am no spring chicken anymore and I wonder if that is the reason for me not caring for Sushi. You hear so much about it and it makes me want to eat it till I take a bit and spit it out. Trying to come up with some kind of sushi I can eat I came up with veggie sushi to try and I really like it. But when it comes to any kind of raw fish……to my disappointment…..no thanks for me

• August 1, 2013 at 8:40 pm — Reply

Susan I have trouble eating sushi as well. It isn’t the taste I have an aversion to so much as the texture. However, the more I eat it the less problem I have so I plan to just keep trying new things until I love it! haha

9. Gianna
    July 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm — Reply

I’ve never tried sushi before.

10. July 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm — Reply

I avoid LA, but I do love Sushi, so I still enjoyed reading your review.

11. Pam B.
    July 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm — Reply

Oh my goodness! You weren’t kidding about the menu, and I am sure I didn’t even see the whole front side! I love Edamame and would probably “eat myself stupid” on that alone:) I have eaten California Roll and a couple of others I don’t know the name of. I like Tuna and Salmon if it is cooked. Are the rolls you pictured cooked or raw? Not sure I would eat it raw…..Your son appears to have eaten himself sleepy. Does he like the Edamame? Great article, only now I wish I was in California! lol:)

• July 14, 2013 at 5:36 pm — Reply

Hi Pam – They are all raw. If you’re scared to try something raw, I’d recommend starting with Tuna :) It doesn’t have any flavor and is pretty hard to mess up – lol. If you like spicy, try a Spicy Tuna roll – it’s delightful! And yes, he LOVES edamame.

12. Chris Alejandro
    July 8, 2013 at 8:21 am — Reply

Oh man.. I spent most of my life thinking I hated sushi.. but I just had a bad first impression. Sushi is amazing.

13. amanda roach