ChristmasHolidays

Free Printable Letter to Santa Templates and How To Get a Reply!

Keep the magic of Santa alive. Use one of these 3 printable letter to Santa templates and then follow the instructions to get a “reply” postmarked from the North Pole!

My daughter has been mentally working on her Christmas list since Halloween but in these last few days, after the passing of Thanksgiving, it’s taken on quite a frenzy. All the biggest toy catalogs have been examined, holiday toy commercials analyzed and the American Girl catalog has notes on every page. Maybe it’s because Santa was such a long time ago for me, or maybe it’s because she is our first, but I had no idea what serious business this Christmas list is!

Printable Letter to Santa

Pin this for later!

Now that the final, final, FINAL draft of the list has been made, I thought it might be fun to create a printable letter to Santa for her to fill out. Then I couldn’t decide exactly which format I liked so I created three to share with you all. Just right-click the photos to save image and print. Enjoy!

The “Early Spellers” Printable Letter to Santa

printable letter to santa

I created this one especially for my kindergartner. She is working hard at early reading and writing skills so I didn’t want the list to be too much for her – it should be fun, after all! The bottom space is great for drawing Santa pictures or if she is feeling ambitious, she can continue her list!

The “Balanced” Printable Letter to Santa

printable letter to santa

The idea that Santa will not get you everything on your list was something shared in our home often growing up. Santa always got us one of our “wish list” items but we also always received clothes and something we needed. I think this Santa letter template is perfect for creating that idea of balance and also a great discussion starter for the concept.

The “Open” Printable Letter to Santa

printable letter to santa

This printable Santa letter template is perfect for older kids or those like mine who want to get straight to the point and maximize space for their list – like I said, it’s a serious business!

Now that the kids have created their list, it’s time to get them mailed and receive a response from Santa! The USPS has a great system in place that allows parents to help Santa reply to their kids letter and receive a postmarked envelope with an official North Pole postmark.

Step 1: Have your child address their letter to “Santa Claus, North Pole”. Stamp and mail the letter. (or if you’re like me, fake mailing it and keep the letter for your child to open when they are older. I’m thinking it would be a great surprise graduation or wedding gift!)

Step 2: Write “Santa’s” reply on a new piece of paper OR better yet, write it on the BACK of your child’s letter to Santa and put it a standard sized envelope addressed to your child and marked FROM Santa Claus, North Pole. Don’t forget to place 1st class postage on this envelope! TIP: Have a friend write it or just use the computer so that handwriting can’t be recognized.

Step 3: Put this reply letter in a larger envelope and mail it to:

North Pole Holiday Postmark
Postmaster
4141 Postmark Dr.
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998

Santa’s “reply” will be mailed to you with a special North Pole postmark!

Letters from Santa must be received by the Anchorage, Alaska Postmaster on or before December 15, 2017 to ensure delivery by Christmas.

Ashley

Ashley

Ashley spends her days avoiding run-ons as she turns words from yellow to chartreuse and wearing out the M & N keys writing about Travel, DIY, and Tech. She hopes to inspire the masses to travel and LIVE happily one InstaTweetPin at a time.

Cutest Holiday Breakfast Idea Ever! Bite Size Santa Pancakes

Perfect for the Holidays: Quick and Easy to Make Reindeer Treat Recipe

1. Our Family World
    December 6, 2017 at 9:55 am — Reply

This is such a cute post! Any kid would love to receive a letter from Santa. Mine are all grown ups so I guess they pretty much know who Santa is. Haha.

2. December 6, 2017 at 5:45 am — Reply

Writing a letter to Santa is a wonderful tradition to start with the kids. I think this printable is perfect! Love the colors and the layout!

3. December 5, 2017 at 6:57 pm — Reply

I wish I had letters like this when I was younger that I could send to Santa. I love how fun and creative they are!

4. December 5, 2017 at 7:15 am — Reply

It’s really nice to have the kids write to Santa! It makes them more excited for the season! These printables are adorable!

5. Kiwi
    December 5, 2017 at 12:39 am — Reply

This is fun for kids to write to Santa. I love this and very interactive for the kiddies.

6. December 4, 2017 at 11:27 pm — Reply

These are really cute printables! I love this idea! Thank you for sharing!

7. December 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm — Reply

This is so cute. It really brings a bit of magic to Christmas when kids get a letter back from Santa.

8. December 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm — Reply

I didn’t know they could get a reply! I knew about the email thing or call thing but not being able to get a letter reply!

9. December 4, 2017 at 10:54 pm — Reply

Those are some super cute letter ideas! I will have to make more of a point to get the kids into writing a letter this year.

10. Heather
    December 4, 2017 at 10:07 pm — Reply

So cute! My preschooler is working hard at preparing for the holidays. “Writing” to Santa is on her list of to-do’s.

11. Erin
    December 4, 2017 at 9:42 pm — Reply

Thank you so much for the cute downloads and the tips on how to get a reply!! I am totally saving this for when my niece visits next, I think she’ll be tickled pink to get a response!

12. Amy Desrosiers
    December 4, 2017 at 7:54 pm — Reply

I love these! My son was just asking if he could send a list to Santa. Now I have just what we need. Thanks for sharing!

13. brianne
    December 4, 2017 at 7:49 pm — Reply

These are such great printables! I am so printing this out for my kiddies!

14. December 4, 2017 at 7:43 pm — Reply

These are the best! I like having a few fun Santa traditions like this in place. They make for good memories.

15. December 4, 2017 at 7:22 pm — Reply

What a great idea. I’m going to do this for my daughter. She has a communicator with Santa from Hallmark that she uses every day from Dec. 1 to Xmas but this will be extra special.

16. Pam
    December 4, 2017 at 7:04 pm — Reply

I love these letter templates. The balanced one is my favorite! I always tried to get a variety of useful and fun gifts.

17. December 4, 2017 at 6:02 pm — Reply

After reading this, I’m going to print these off for my kids and get them sent out. It’s always fun reading what kids say to Santa.

18. December 4, 2017 at 5:00 pm — Reply

I love these printable letters to Santa! It makes writing to him a lot more fun and less trouble!

19. robin rue
    December 4, 2017 at 4:56 pm — Reply

We sent out letters to santa already, but I am bookmarking this for next year. What an adorable printable.

20. December 4, 2017 at 4:14 pm — Reply

I love the “I want, I need, I’ll wear, I’ll read” letter. I should’ve done that when we wrote our letters to Santa!

21. December 4, 2017 at 3:58 pm — Reply

This is so cute! I wish I’d had something like that when my kids were little and writing to Santa. SO adorable.