If you’ve been following along at all, you know by now that we use the grill for just about every dinner we make, year round. We usually stick to our favorites, but every once in a while I get a bug to try something new. Tonight’s bug resulted in a new favorite recipe that will be sure to be as popular for you as it was for me! This tasty recipe is stupid easy – just mix, dump and grill. Clean-up is also a breeze!
[wc_box color=”info” text_align=”left” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=””]
*TIP* Using the grill instead of the oven is a great way to beat the summer heat and keep your house cool.
We made this side dish alongside a rack of ribs and some “baked beans” we fudged by adding brown sugar, garlic and onions to a can of black beans. Even though the entire meal was thrown together last minute, it turned out to be a big hit that we will probably be having again VERY soon.
Beer and Garlic Grilled Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, mashed
- 1/8 cup beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into sealable plastic bag to mix.
- Dump everything into a sheet of aluminum foil and fold to seal edges so that you end up with a pocket of sorts.
- Place in grill at medium to med-high heat for about 15-20 minutes. (check often so you don’t overcook!)
- Unwrap and enjoy!
Pin this for later!
Note: I originally intended to use white wine in this recipe but all we had in the fridge was a Belgian Ale. Turns out – it worked fantastic!Print