An Easy Tip to Get Your Toddler to Brush Their Teeth

OralBScreen Shot 2014-03-31 at 8.48.04 PMDid you know dentist recommend that kids brush for a full TWO MINUTES? Sounds simple enough… until you factor in the kid part. It’s hard to get a toddler to focus on anything for two minutes, but especially brushing their teeth. My daughter has always been really good about brushing her teeth. We’ve focused on making it fun from the very beginning but it’s the “2 minute” part that gets her.

At one point I even resorted to allowing her to brush MY teeth for two minutes. Horrifying right? I was jabbed more times than I can count, but she had no problem brushing my teeth for the two minutes. Then it was HER turn but luckily I had something to make it more enjoyable for her.

allBrushesOral-B came up with a tool to help make brushing more fun. The free Disney Magic Timer App by Oral-B aims to get kids brushing and having fun while doing it. All you need is an Oral B toothbrush and a your favorite smart products (Apple and Android devices).

Disney Magic Timer AppThe app features 16 of kids favorite Disney and Marvel characters. Using a toothbrush and tooth paste the app works to reveal a hidden photograph by brushing. Once the two minutes are up the image is revealed and stored in their own, personal photo album. Characters featured in this app:

Also read:  Keeping Kids Safe During School Field Trips
•Winnie the Pooh
•Mickey Mouse
•Minnie Mouse
•Jake
(from Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
•James P. “Sulley” Sullivan
•Belle
•Ariel
•Dusty
•Lightning McQueen
•Cinderella
•Tinker Bell
•Rapunzel
•Thor
•Iron Man
•Hulk
•Captain America

Kids can collect a new digital sticker after each successful two minutes of brushing; track progress with stars and milestone badges on the Brushing Calendar.
Brushing CalendarBy propping our iPad on the counter she can watch the reveal of her photo. It keeps kids guessing – and thus engrossed in the act of brushing.

What’s the craziest thing you have ever done to get your kids to brush?

Disney Timer App by Oral-BThis paid post is brought to you by the new free Oral-B Disney Timer App as part of a Type-A Parent Community Sponsored Post. Featuring sixteen of your favorite Disney and Marvel characters, use this app to seamlessly encourage your kids to brush longer. Collect a new digital sticker after each successful two minutes of brushing; track progress with stars and milestone badges on the Brushing Calendar. Longer, happier brushing for your little one is just a download away!

Download the Free App Here

38 thoughts on “An Easy Tip to Get Your Toddler to Brush Their Teeth”

1. My toddler loves I mean loves brushing his teeth. I really think the picture with you and your child is so adorable. SO SO cute.

2. I like that counter. I sing to my kids so they know how tong to brush their teeth. I need that super hero toothpaste, it’s so cute.

3. The timer app is genius! Two minutes to the little ones is like forever for them. I’m going to tell my sister about this.

4. That timer app is a great idea!! I know my nephew loves whenever he can do anything with the iPad or iPhone, so this would definitely be a big help.

5. I need these toothbrushes! My boys are so bad with actually brushing their teeth and not just playing in the water.

6. We love our app. Red now asks for the “EYE pad” after bathtime, with Sully as his character of choice!

7. That sounds like a helpful app. That’s the best picture I’ve seen in a long time, made me laugh. We’ve all had our children try and brush our teeth before, hahaha. It’s not always pleasant (ouch) but whatever helps them think brushing is fun. :)

8. i love this idea for the little ones. These days my kids are old enough todo it on their own even though they don’t always do it well

9. i’ve seen lots of tips this subject. i think this is the first time i’ve seen a calendar though. i’d have to leave the kid in charge of the stars because i’d surely forget

10. I love that you had her brush your teeth hilarious!! My girls would love the app, just not sure I’d want it in the bathroom, maybe in the hallway.

11. What a fun way to get kids to brush their teeth for the right amount of time. I will definitely be downloading this app.

12. This app is so handy. It’s so hard for kids to know how long they need to brush for. This is a big help.

13. What a great way to use technology to get kids to brush their teeth! I’m sure this is super fun for them!

14. This app is a useful tool for parents and fun for the kids. Anything that can teach toddlers about good dental hygiene is a great thing.

15. These brushes are so cute and I love the calendar. My daughter could be a pain about brushing her teeth. Everything is “no” right now.

16. The app is a great idea for getting kids to brush brush brush! My son loves the taste of his toothpaste so it’s easy to get him to do so.

17. Luckily, my son enjoys teeth brushing so we don’t have to do anything too crazy. We sing the ABC song to make sure he gets his 2 minutes in, but I think this app would be more entertaining for him.

18. Love this! Although my toddler loves brushing his teeth right now, I’m sure that this love won’t last forever! I’ll have to keep these tips in mind for the future.

19. I have let my baby brush my teeth too. The worst thing I’ve done is use a toothbrush as a teething tool. My son loves it but now kind of sees it as a toy. I do carry 5 or so in my purses at all times. It’s became our binky. :)

20. I am all for anything that helps them brush and brush better! My guys are ok about brushing, but I would love to see them brush longer!