5 Ways To Update Your Bathroom on A Budget

This post brought to you by Listerine. All opinions are 100% mine.

Listerine

5 Ways To Update Your Bathroom on A Budget

Easy, cost effective and DIY ideas for updating the look of your bathroom while sticking to a budget.

Switch Out The Hardware

Even the most novice DIY'er can change a shower head, swap out a bathroom faucet and install a fun coat rack for towels. Best of all you can do all three in just about any size budget. You can also swap out your shower curtain, toothbrush holders and rugs for an updated look. My tooth brush holder isn't even a toothbrush holder at all! I found it on a clearance rack at a department store!

Listerine 2

Add Artwork

The bathroom is usually one of the last places people think to hang a painting or display a figurine. But one of the first thing I  did when I wanted to update the look of my bathroom was hit the ceramic isle. I like ceramic because I don't have to worry about moisture and they're a breeze to clean up. My little blue pig is a fun conversation piece, someone always mentions it after using the restroom. They also tend to notice the Chevron Listerine Bottle. Not many people know this hot print now works in the bathroom (you can even find shower curtains!) or that you can pick up the Chevron Listerine Bottles for a limited time at Target.

They actually come in four designs, so they fit almost any decor, and each comes with it's own flavor: Cool Mint, Fresh Mint, Arctic Mint, & Fresh Citrus. We like the Fresh Citrus, it's a fun break from the mint. *BONUS* Listerine is the #1 dentist recommended brand and it gives you a cleaner, healthier mouth.

Listerine 1

Swap Out The Medicine Cabinet

Most people hang a medicine cabinet or mirror over the bathroom sink. This tends to become a focal point in bathroom so an outdated piece can affect the entire look of the room. With all of the awesome DIY options out there almost any mirror can be repurposed. It may just need a fresh coat of paint!

Tile The Countertop

Old outdated countertops can really bring down the look of a room. While they can be expensive to replace completely, tiling offers an updated look and with a good tutorial this project isn't out of reach for a novice.

Add a Buffet

Buffet tables aren't just for the dining room anymore! People are using them in bedrooms, living areas, as TV stands and in my case, the bathroom. Because we have such a small house I need as many storage options as possible. So instead of a bulky sink that doesn't make the most of it's space, we opted for a slim sink and used a buffet. Not only did it add to the look of the room but offered so much more storage.

photo 02225-57_listerine_izea_400x450_zps2bfd58fe.jpg

Save Now with Target Cartwheel

Visit Sponsor's Site

41 thoughts on “5 Ways To Update Your Bathroom on A Budget”

1. Ive been seeing the new Listerine designs at Target this is some genius marketing! The bottle is an instant decor boost to any bathroom and inexpensive I love it!

2. I saw those bottles and we don’t use Listerine but they’re making me think about a purchase. These are great tips for spicing up a bathroom. :)

3. That is one cool bottle of Listerine! I agree, those are great tips for inexpensively updating a bathroom. I think it’s time to finally tackle our guest bathroom!

4. We just built a house, so I had the luxury of designing my new bathrooms, but I will surely keep this in mind for the future. I’m sure I’ll need to update some day !

5. What great ideas! I have been talking about updating our bathroom but don’t have much of a budget to do it! I can’t wait to mix it up! Thanks for posting!

6. I like that switching out the decor can be so easy. The new Listerine bottle really jazzes up a space!

7. I really like the chevron pattern! I need to go buy this before it’s not available any more. Great tips to stay on budget!

8. I had no idea that Listerine had these super cute bottles now! They definitely help spruce up the bathroom now, that’s for sure!

9. Bathrooms really are one of the most budget friendly redecorate rooms in the house. I need to get after ours. It’s been a while.

10. How cute are those Listerine bottles! Makes them less of an eyesore now. We keep ours on the counter and this would look so cute. I must find them!

11. This is such a great idea, I am needing new ideas to spruce up my bathroom. These sure are cute votes and we love listerine

12. These are great ideas. We also found that plants/flowers and fresh rolled towels in a basket gave a spa like feel for pretty little effort.

13. We changed our faucet and showerheads and it completely changed the look of the bathroom. Little changes can make a big difference.

14. Oh these are all wonderful and creative ideas! I certainly need to upgrade my bathrooms! Thanks for the ideas.

15. The citrus is certainly lighter than the mint – less burning. I have a while tall flying pig in our den.

16. We need a complete bathroom overhaul. All I’ve been able to add this summer are a few shelves – and I’ve decorated with a few things from around the house, and boxes/bottles of products that are cute for summer.