25 Fun Elf on the Shelf Ideas
We haven’t done “Elf on the Shelf” yet but I think we may have to start this year. Not only is it a great way to get the kids to behave (you know he is reporting back to Santa) but it’s also a great way to make fantastic memories. It reminds us what’s really important during the holidays – making time for each other, giving smiles and making memories. It’s also a fun way for adults to act like kids again. What better way to spend a few minutes each evening than conspiring a night of adventure for your Elf on the Shelf?
What are some of your Elf on the Shelf traditions? Has your elf ever had a wild adventure – let us know!
We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. – Buddy the Elf
This is a super cute idea. Purchase a picture book (you can get them at the dollar store) and place your elf’s picture in it!
Someone got caught in the candy dish.
Who doesn’t love a night spent playing board games?
A classic but fun snow angel.
Ahhh a bubbly bath.
Special Delivery from Santa!
Well… everyone has to go.
15 More Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Leave your children notes praising good behavior.
- Wrap up a few inexpensive gifts (like books!) to give the kids early.
- Create SUPER ELF! with a mask and cape out of paper/felt/cloth.
- Build an elf sized fort with pillow cases.
- Have a Tea Party with Stuffed Animals.
- Watch a Movie on the iPad
- Put bubbles in the bath tub before bath time.
- Ride around on the dog using his collar.
- Get caught with the tooth paste.
- Eating the kids breakfast.
- Make popcorn garland for the tree.
- Get caught reading!
- Taking off in barbies car.
- Replace stockings with dirty socks or underroos.
- Hanging candy canes on the tree.